oregonlady

oregonlady
oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
hello people :smile:
i'm new here and i would like to make some friends thru this web site.
i have been dieting all my life. really.
i'm a yoyo case.
my highest weight was 245 back in 2001. but i've been going to a health spa about 5 days a week for 6 yrs now. i got down to160 a few yrs ago too. then jumped up bck to 190 (a year ago) while still working out "daily"! my lbs dropped down to 155 before christmas this year and now it's up to 160.
i'm afraid of being like Oprah!
i'm not as happy w/ myself as i want to be. i know i like to drink too much wine too (not an alcholic, but i'll happily down 3-4 glasses per night if i dont stop myself). i thought it would help me if i tried to log my calories. i found this site while searching for a good calorie counter.

i know i should be greatful and happy w/ myself for the weight i've lost, but i'm not.
any advise? or can you relate w/ what i'm saying?

thank you, robin:heart:

Replies

• oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    hello people :smile:
    i'm new here and i would like to make some friends thru this web site.
    i have been dieting all my life. really.
    i'm a yoyo case.
    my highest weight was 245 back in 2001. but i've been going to a health spa about 5 days a week for 6 yrs now. i got down to160 a few yrs ago too. then jumped up bck to 190 (a year ago) while still working out "daily"! my lbs dropped down to 155 before christmas this year and now it's up to 160.
    i'm afraid of being like Oprah!
    i'm not as happy w/ myself as i want to be. i know i like to drink too much wine too (not an alcholic, but i'll happily down 3-4 glasses per night if i dont stop myself). i thought it would help me if i tried to log my calories. i found this site while searching for a good calorie counter.

i know i should be greatful and happy w/ myself for the weight i've lost, but i'm not.
    any advise? or can you relate w/ what i'm saying?

thank you, robin:heart:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Hey! Welcome and good luck!

I am a former oregon lady myself! Born and raised in the Lebanon/Albany area. I live in CT now.

Anyway, I know what you're saying. I yo-yo dieted through my 20's!

Honestly, I think you'll find this tools on here (calorie counter, etc) and the support system to be really helpful!! We all have tough days while on this "journey" or while living a healthier lifestyle but having the support on those tough days does help A LOT!

And knowing that even if you have a splurge, it doesn't have to mean forever. Tomorrow is another day. Don't let one setback become the norm again but at the same time, learn to trust yourself to enjoy yourself too. When you start having the confidence that a fun birthday dinner out is just that....and when you know you will get back on track the next day.....is when you will truly conquer this. Eating right and healthy isn't about complete deprivation of the things you love.

Also, don't be so hard on yourself! You HAVE done a fantastic job!! :drinker:

-Tami
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Organlady, I can relate to the struggle of a life time of diets of every kind , just to lose the weight and put it back on and more. This is a new way of life of eating healthy. We are glad you joined us on our journey here with MFPal's.:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Welcome Robin! :smile:

Big time wino here, so I know what you're going through! :embarassed:

Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Welcome Oregonlady, I was born in The Dalles Ore. I live down by Medford ore. In Sam's Valley, White City address. Yes I can relate as I like my wine also. I have decided to lay off of it and maybe down the road have a glass with dinner and that would be it. But for now I want to loose weight and get healthy that is more important to me then the wine. So I guess that is the choice that I am making. But I found if you drink all your water that really helps with the hunger. I have been a yoyo dieter all my life also. I guess I got to the point that I'm tired of being over weight. This is the sight that has helped me to get going on my journey. So Good Luck :happy: :drinker: water water
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    I know exactly how you feel i was 215 and then got down to 170, then spiraled out of control and I was 243 but currently at 236 and on my way down!
This discussion has been closed.