Am I the only one that can't stand Jillian Michaels?

Options
Marig0ld
Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
Just thought I'd throw that out there. I know a lot of people around here worship her and swear by 30 DS, which is cool with me. To each his/her own, right? I tried to do 30 DS when I found it on Exercise TV, but I just couldn't finish. The workout itself was nice and challenging, but her personality grates on my nerves. LOL. I tend to like to Beach Body people more...especially
Chalene Johnson.

I feel like I'm going to get publicly flogged now, but I just wanted to know if anyone else felt the same way.

Replies

• Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    LOL yeah her personality is kinda weird, but I'm doing the 30DS now, and I like it a lot. It's working well for me. I'll have to check out the Beach Body one, haven't seen that one yet :)
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    She's even more annoying in Ripped in 30 and her overt flirtations with her "girls" borders on sexual harassment. However, my drive to punch her in the face transcends in my drive to workout hard during her videos.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    i actually find her very motivating. sure she's a little strange but whatever, she gets results and motivates you through the whole workout
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    She irritates the crap outta me...not to mention the fact that I find her a little too manly, lol! Oh well...all this and I still do her workouts - I just have to turn the sound down because she preaches a bit too much! LOL!
  • RachelH25
    Options
    I agree! I never liked her! However I did ripped in 30 and stuck it out because I loved the results.
  • notebooksecrets
    notebooksecrets Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would probably find her incredibly annoying if I wasn't so damn attracted to her :-)
  • nicole00lynn
    Options
    NO, im totally with you, as horrible is this is I cant stand her. If i do the workout i put her on mute, but i loooovee Chalene
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I would probably find her incredibly annoying if I wasn't so damn attracted to her :-)

lol I asked my friend this question the other day when I found myself strangely attracted to her while simultaneously wanting to smack her.
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    She annoys me, her work outs are great but she is annoying.

"Come now! Dont you DARE phone this in!"

Really?! lol
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I agree that she is kind of strange and annoying but her DVDs do work well for me so I just deal with her anyway.
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    She's even more annoying in Ripped in 30 and her overt flirtations with her "girls" borders on sexual harassment. However, my drive to punch her in the face transcends in my drive to workout hard during her videos.

Agreed. I could easily bear her with the Shred but she's just plain weird in Ripped. She even talks differently. And how about the annoying things like her statements in between like, "most people don't show up in their own life..." blah blah....! :yawn:

But, the workouts are great, so I'll stick with it
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I hate her with a passion I didn't know I had in me.... Having said that, her 30 DS workouts are pretty dang good. I just can't get past her stupid face and her stupid voice and her totally UNmotivating comments. "You won't see modified jumping jacks. if a 400 lb man can do them, so can you" Stupid-head.

When I do occasionally pull out that DVD, I just mute her and play some music! :D
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    NO, im totally with you, as horrible is this is I cant stand her. If i do the workout i put her on mute, but i loooovee Chalene

^^^ Oh totally with you on this one. I have such a girl crush on Chalene!
  • coatsie79
    coatsie79 Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Same here. Although worryingly it's a computer generated image of her that I work out to everyday. :noway:
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Why yes, yes you are. :tongue:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*
    I can't stand that chick
  • dirtyblue
    Options

^^^ Oh totally with you on this one. I have such a girl crush on Chalene!

I am so with you...I did ChaLean Extreme first before getting Ripped in 30, I was sooo spoiled by Chalene! She has some spunk, Jillian is just so dry
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I did ONE day of the 30 day shred and found it less challenging and pretty boring. So I went back to my men...Tony and Shaun. They are much more fun and motivating. Plus, I never watched the Biggest Loser so I really don't understand her appeal.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I find her hypocritical, when they went through her fridge and all the food was "bad" food, but she lambastes people for eating "bad" food...ugh. I'm not sure I coul.d take 30DS, but I might try it.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Most people (aside from these boards, maybe) don't like her, actually haha.
    I like her, I need to be yelled at to finish a workout sometimes so... she's what I need.