BANANAS!

Options
Hey everyone here is a great question!!!! the last few weeks this has come up a whole bunch...... So i thought i would ask all of you.......

HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR BANANAS!!!!!! :wink:

I LIKE MY BANANAS SOFT! I LIKE THE PEEL BROWNISH!!!!!! They are the best Soft, I do not BUY a green banana, otherwise they need to sit for 5-7 days before i will eat them! lol

Replies

• ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    I have started to like mine frozen:happy: sometimes with a smear of peanut butter.
  • smashatoms
    smashatoms Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I like my bananas green!
    I don't like them to be too soft or spotty. I've read that the greener a banana is, the lower glycemic index it has. But to me, they just taste better with a little bit of green! :)
  • camckinney
    camckinney Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I like mine when they are first yellow - no brown and are yummy in a bowl of raisin bran.
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I like them when they're ripe. I slice them up and either put them with oatmeal or with peanut butter and crackers.
  • smashatoms
    smashatoms Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have started to like mine frozen:happy: sometimes with a smear of peanut butter.

Yes! Frozen is so good! And a really good way to eat frozen bananas is smashed with a couple tbsp of chocolate chips and a couple chopped walnuts! It tastes JUST like Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream!
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Yes! Frozen is so good! And a really good way to eat frozen bananas is smashed with a couple tbsp of chocolate chips and a couple chopped walnuts! It tastes JUST like Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream!

hey, that sounds good!
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options

Oooh nice idea, I must try it with the walnuts
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I like them when they're really yellow with lots of brown spots. Sometimes I'll eat them raw but most of the time I'll blend 3-6 bananas, put them in a tupperware container and freeze for 4-5 hours before eating.
  • dianer75935
    dianer75935 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    mine have to have green on them!!!
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I don't think this applies to the topic but i'm 41 years old and I just ate my first banana.

It was pretty good
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I like my bananas green!
    I don't like them to be too soft or spotty. I've read that the greener a banana is, the lower glycemic index it has. But to me, they just taste better with a little bit of green! :)

I like mine a little bit green too! I don't like it when they get all smushy :sick:
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I like 'em yellow. They taste better to me at that point. But I can't let 'em sit there for too long or else they go brown. That's no problem though, they rarely last long around me.
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options

I like mine a little green, if they have any brown spots I can't eat them. I've never frozen bananas, do you peel them before putting them in the freezer? Do you let them thaw a little before you eat them? Would like to try, sounds yummy!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i actually cant stand them xD
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I Like Bananas anyway I can get them. Peanut butter, yellow and with dots on them. I'm not picky honestly.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Hollerbach_Funeral_Home.jpg
  • karebear32505
    karebear32505 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't think this applies to the topic but i'm 41 years old and I just ate my first banana.

It was pretty good

Wow that is so awesome! well honestly i am not a big fan of bananas, i could go w/out ever eating them!!!! :-)
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I like mine bright yellow, just before they go brown. I still like the flavor of brown bananas, but the mushy texture kind of gets to me. Green=no way! I love bananas in oatmeal, such a great natural sweetener!
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    They taste the best when they are brown and ripe. That is when I like to add them to my morning smoothie
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I hate polka dot, brown bananas! I like them right after the green has gone from the peel and they are sill very firm in texture.