you are ALL very inspirational!

Options
My name is TJ, im 26, I have HYPOTHYROIDISM and I've lost 60lbs in a years time. I'm in the best shape of my life and I've made a very drastic change in my appearance, health, and physical fitness abilities and honestly the only thing i used from MFP were the logs for my meals. I'm currently just working to build some serious muscle...

But I gotta say I am very happy to read the success stories here, they are so awesome! I'm also very glad to read how others have caught on to the very awesome lifestyle change of being FIT or working towards it! I have about 10lbs to lose, 15lbs at most (lower stomach area is just too soft)

This lifestyle change is just so great I wish I could tell the rest of the world about how they should work on their fitness and body lol but that would then make me out to be a complete *kitten* for trying to help others see the light!

It bothers me so bad when I see people who have let themselves go and care nothing about reversing that damage. I work in an office and over 75% of the people here are obese, and i don't mean "could lose a little" i mean.. OBESE, trouble walking etc. I think a lot of people just aren't AWARE that they actually do have a problem. Unfortunately, today in the world we live in, I would have been considered almost Average or "slightly overweight" when I was actually obese! I live in Houston, one of the fattest cities. So people that look like me now, are no longer the "normal" or "average" because Average around here is 30% + Body fat. I also notice this because when I shop for clothes, a medium is what a large used to be. in some instances a SMALL is what a medium is or was!

It just bothers me so much to see how they are killing themselves one french fry at a time :( i hate to see it just as bad as i hate to see people killing themselves with cigarettes.

So with that said, I'm VERY happy to see the things I see here at MFP, people that WANT to make a difference in their lives and in others!

the other day a man ran through our parking lot here at work. He was not in the best shape and maybe shouldn't have been wearing what he was wearing and 2 obese people outside with me laughed at him and made fun of him. I was so mad at them i wanted to tell them "Well at least he is doing something to better himself"

I hope my post did not come off as offensive, its just something I felt the need to say. Unless you are bedridden there is no GOOD reason why anyone cant get in shape, it may be hard, and harder for others but it CAN be done. I have hypothyroidism and have had it since i was 6 yrs old. for the last 10 years I've tried to lose weight but never actually tried until the last year. what i mean by that is i gave up after 2 weeks like most people do each time i tried to get into it.

If you have any questions for me feel free to add me or msg me or whatever you want.