Sports bra rant

fteale
fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
WHY do so few companies make sports bras in a 28 back??? Surely a fair proportion of people who run/need good supportive sports underwear are pretty thin?????

I know 2 companies who make them, but almost no one stocks them in that back size. Most seem to start at a 32, which is huge.

Replies

• CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Try Bravissimo. This is the one I wear and it is very supportive. It comes in a 28 too :smile:
    http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sports-bras/max-sports-bra-top/navy/be53nv/?show=16&sort=1
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    If you are outside the normal parameters, just order them online. Less wasted time.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    I know 2 companies who make them, but almost no one stocks them in that back size. Most seem to start at a 32, which is huge.

Good job making all the women who are over a size 32 back in a bra feel "HUGE".
  • fteale
    I do get mine in bravissimo. It's just annoying because my husband's company, which is a huge online sports retailer, only do sports bras from a 32 back, as do Very, and all the cheap places. I object to having to pay full retail plus postage just because they are weird about back sizes.
  • ladykathalina
    ladykathalina Posts: 26 Member
    Too funny to see this post today because when I was doing my C25K (Couch potatoe to running a 5K) I was thinking I needed a sports bra. :blushing: I will have to see what they have here locally I guess! :grumble: Wish me luck!
  • fteale
    I am not thin, and I don't think 28 is an abnormally small size. It baffles me that the major online sports retailers don't sell bras in that size, given their clientele.
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member

Good job making all the women who are over a size 32 back in a bra feel "HUGE".

For real! dang.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Wow... and I thought I was doing well getting DOWN to a 38. Bubble burst. :cry:
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    I am not thin, and I don't think 28 is an abnormally small size. It baffles me that the major online sports retailers don't sell bras in that size, given their clientele.

Well the rest don't think a size 32 is huge.

So whatever lady.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    It must be a UK thing. The US doesn't make size 28, to my knowledge. I've never seen a bra smaller than a 32.
  • pfeiferfit
    pfeiferfit Posts: 138 Member
    What about going to a youth section to look for that size?
  • rcb722
    rcb722 Posts: 19 Member
    I just spent a small fortune ($55) on a sports bra- Juno by Moving Comfort- I run a lot, and this is the only one I've found that helps keep the girls in check. I totally agree though- it must be your area- I've never seen a 28 bra anywhere. (And I'm in a 38, so I certainly won't think a 32 is huge either...)
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Ladies she isn't saying that a 32 or above is huge, it's just too big around for her. She may just have a smaller rib cage. It would be the same as saying someone is having a hard time finding a good running shoe in a size 5, no one would think she was saying anyone with a bigger size foot is fat.

To the OP, I have no idea where you could find one that size. Ordering online and (gulp) having to pay retail + shipping is probably your only option. If you have a bra boutique in your area you may find one there, usually these specialize in bras for mastectomy patients but they tend to have a much larger range of bras in general. You won't find the boutique cheap by any means but at least it would save shipping costs.

Good luck.
  • fteale
    What about going to a youth section to look for that size?

Not much use when I am a FF cup.
  • fteale
    It must be a UK thing. The US doesn't make size 28, to my knowledge. I've never seen a bra smaller than a 32.

You don't see them smaller than a 32 in normal shops in the UK either. Which I find weird as all my family are 28 or 30 back, and we aren't that small. There must be loads of people out there with the same problem.
  • GypsysBlood
    GypsysBlood Posts: 42 Member
    Wow... and I thought I was doing well getting DOWN to a 38. Bubble burst. :cry:

You are doing great! don't let anything burst your bubble! :drinker:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member

I'm guessing 28 is pretty small - I have enough trouble finding 32's that are supportive. I feel your pain - it's like the bra makers ask themselves "why would a small boned person need support?" Duh!!

The bad thing about on-line purchases - you don't get to try it on. What if you hate it? - what a hassle!
  • cdstadt

I've seen 28's in Victoria's Secrets but they usually only come in A cups
  • cdstadt
    Specialty bra shops should have all manner of sizes, right? Big band, little cups; little band, big cups
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    I just spent a small fortune ($55) on a sports bra

Hah. I wear a 38 HH. Sports bras are over $200 for me.