This is so unfair!

Options
Yes, I am acting like a whiney baby right now, but I am very upset.
I am trying to eat better, and according to MFP I am allowed 1200 calories a day. I only have 525 left and it is only lunch time! Its no wonder I give up and eat stuff and just don't log it ( I know, I'm just lying to myself!)
How can I eat decent and be satisifed for 1200 calories! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies

• otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    1. Exercise.

2. Eat your exercise calories.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    We can't tell you that because we can't see your diary. Do you exercise? I'd advise eating your exercise calories back. 1200 is my goal as well and I feel like I eat plenty of food, especially when I eat those exercise calories back, too. And I lose faster when I eat them.
  • ncgingerich
    ncgingerich Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Exercise and eat back those calories to net near 1200. Basically, by exercising you can eat more! You can do this!!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    well you could workout and then eat your exercise cals! also, 1200 is the low baseline, depending upon a lot of different factors. make sure you set your activity level to match (as close as possible) what your actual days are like.
  • sylouette98
    sylouette98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    1. Exercise.

Perfect answer!
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    the more you exercise the more you can eat
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Get out and exercise and you will earn more calories. The rest is up to your self control.

I realized early on that if I was going to accomplish anything I just had to get used to feeling hungry.

You will gradually learn that there are things you can eat that will allow you to eat more with less calories.

Remember, this is a lifestyle change.

Adapt, or be left in the dust.
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    A lot of that also depends on WHAT you're eating. Protein & fiber will make you feel full longer than anything else. You'll have to open your food diary for more useful input.
  • dannylives
    Options
    Eat stuff with good fat in it. Eat stuff with fiber in it.
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Yep I agree with all the other comments excersize and then you will have more calories to eat :)
  • 76wendyful
    Options
    Thanks! I thought I made my diary public, let me try again!
  • arykh24
    Options
    Make sure you are getting proper nutrition with your 1200 calories and NOT eating 1200 calories of junk.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I agree with eating healthy fats ... they keep you satisfied longer, and more protein.
  • Statsol
    Statsol Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What is your weight loss goal per week? Perhaps it is too aggressive.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Is your goal too severe? If you slow your anticipated loss then you will get more calories a day.
    You could also exercise more.
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I was the exact same way when I started this! These are some of the things I have learned and do... (and I am not perfect by any means, I have binge days like everyone else they have just gone from 3000+ cals down to 2000 or less)

Lot's of veggies!! You can literally stuff yourself on veggies (non-starchy are best) and never get close to 1200. I have started eating all meals on the small app plates and 3/4 of that are veggies! When I feel hungry I eat 6 baby carrots before making whatever snack I really (think I) want and am never really hungry after that.

Don't drink your calories!

And yes, eat your exercise calories! (most of them anyway :))

Oh and what others said about lean protein and MUFA's!! (monounsaturated "good" fats! - avocados, olive oil, nuts, etc... in moderation because they are higher in cals)
  • 76wendyful
    Options
    What is your weight loss goal per week? Perhaps it is too aggressive.
    1.5 pounds per week
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    1. Exercise.

exactly. and eat lots of protein.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is...stay away from "diet" foods. The real thing is way more satisfying. And increased protein helps me not be so hungry. Perhaps lower your carbs intake a slight bit, as well.
  • hipposize
    hipposize Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try breaking your calories into allotments - 500 at breakfast, 500 at lunch and 500 at dinner. Then, make sure you fill up on lots of veggies. Raw or cooked, as long as you aren't adding fat, you can eat a lot of veggie (and thus feel satisifed) for fewer calories. Then, if you can work in a bit of exercise (walking one mile in about 20 minutes can burn a hundred calories or more), you can eat a little more at dinner.:ohwell: