1st NSV

saj6
saj6 Posts: 33 Member
I've been doing this about a month, and the scale hasn't really moved much :tongue: but I decided today to try on an old pair of shorts that the last 2 summers were too tight to wear...and they fit perfect! So then I went into my closet and pulled out a shirt I had bought 2 yrs ago on a sale rack, it was only $5 so I just grabbed it and didn't try it on. Well, it didn't fit so its been stuffed in my closet ever since. I am wearing it right now :happy: it fits perfectly!

I was feeling a bit discouraged at how slow the weight is moving. But now I know the calorie counting and sweating are working! I feel so motivated now to keep on moving and loosing :bigsmile:

I read the success stories every day for inspirationg and motivation, I hope this helps motivate someone else :smile: this is the best community I've ever joined, everyone here is amazing :flowerforyou:

10242069.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• Congrats, I am in the dame boat as you. The scale only shows 7 lbs down but I can already fit into some of my smaller clothes. It always makes me feel better about myself when I try on my smaller clothes.

Have a great day!
  • Fantastic. The first of many NSVs I'm sure.

Keep at it!
  • Congrats!! The scale may not be moving too much, but you are losing inches. Keep it up.
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Awesome NSV!!! I love reading them, too.. it inspires me :)
  • nikkizmom1962
    nikkizmom1962 Posts: 93 Member
    Congratulations......keep up the great work. I too have had that same experience sometimes the scale doesnt seem to be my friend then i put on a pair of shorts that I was unable to wear in and June and today the fit loose so excited:) Good luck in your journey:)
  • jaramae
    jaramae Posts: 100 Member
    Clothes fitting better is one of the best NSVs out there. Congrats on your progress. Not everything is in the number!
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Clothes are a way better measure of how you are doing. I mean, if I can wear a size 3 what diff does it make what I weigh?? Congrats on your success! Keep on goin'!
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    According to your ticker in your sig, you've lost 6 pounds! If that's in a month, I think that's WAY fantastic. That scale IS moving!!!! Congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!