Question About Nipples - For MALES (Believe it or Not)

Options
Yeah, kind of embarrassing, but during my last three runs I have had slight bleeding from my nipples from the friction of them rubbing against my drenched shirt. I tried using bandaids this last time but the sweat quickly made them fall off even though I thought they were on pretty good beforehand.

Can anybody recommend a good cream or something like vaseline that would be good to put on there or maybe suggest a bandaid made for that kind of thing.

And no, I'm not going to wear a sports bra! I don't care if it's my color! lol

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    put bandaids on em

the active brand...good stuff
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    How about a powder. corn startch, baby powder, bond powder.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Try mole skin. Dr. Scholls makes it.
  • jamielr84
    Options
    Maybe one of those moisture wicking shirts and put some baby powder on them?
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    use petrolium jelly.
  • smithskiman06
    smithskiman06 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Use Duct tape or mole skin.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    i'm not male but have read about guys bleeding from nipples while running.
    it's quite common.

There's a product out called body glide thats suppose to be really good.
    it's an anti-chafing thing that comes in a container like deodorant.
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Maybe a lighter weight shirt, like cotton.
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew. While I haven't had bleeding, I've had days where I've gotten quite sore. For me, it's only happened with synthetic fibres. Maybe try switching to cotton shirts until you heal.
  • FatUncleRob
    Options
    I know a lot of people recommend a product called Body Glide.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten to the point of bleeding, but have had some really bad irritation during some of my longer runs on really hot days...TS Lee caused me to have to rest a few extra days and they healed up. If you have a running store near you they will probably have some sort of product like Body Glide that will help, usually a small stick like a travel size deodorant size. I was given some in my swag bag from a run earlier this year and it has helped, even today. Good luck!
  • natersmama
    Options
    haha. are you sure about the sports bra?? lol. just kidding. i'm not sure if you have a hibbett sports store, but they have a cream/grease (whatever it is) for runner's friction spots. i used it when my thighs rubbed too much in my running shorts. and my husband now uses it for his nipples. i dont know the brand off the top of my head. but you can prob just find some at your local sporting goods store.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Try surgical tape (but for the love of god shave any hair beforehand). Also, Lanolin is a lifesaver for keep them both moist and helping them heal.
  • daddyssunshyne
    Options
    It is going to sound strange.

But, I would recommend lanolin cream. They make it for breastfeeding women. Because women whom breastfeed obviously can only use "natural" or non harmful products, it is a very good healing product. A little goes a long way. Believe me, it does work. I am sure you can find it at BabiesRUs or some where similar.

Sarah
  • micpen2
    Options
    You can buy nipple guards at the running store. Like band aids but more adhesive and shaped to fit so to speak.

Or you can use Mueller Lube Stick for Runners, or Body Glide. Both are lubricants you apply before the run.

Good luck
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Body glide. There's also other types of gels and what not at running stores if you look for them.
  • dannylives
    Options
    Have you contemplated jogging without a shirt on? I most respect the dudes who don't care if they're out of shape, jogging without a shirt on, its a pretty rare thing though.
  • Leola2011
    Options
    I'm a little concerned that they're bleeding at all! Do you think that's something you might want to talk to your doctor about? Apart from that, try Lanolin. A lot of breastfeeding mothers use that to help their nipples heal.
  • Random_Name
    Options
    Hahahahahahaha.

Oh...this is serious?
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    Perhaps a lanolin cream meant for breastfeeding moms would help the skin heal faster (essentially we get the same problem). Lansinoh makes a good one that is not too greasy.