Wedding Entrance

Options
So I have my best friend’s wedding this weekend. It’s wedding 2 of 4 this season. One of my main goals was to be trim and fit for the wedding. I have reached this goal. Even though I still have a few more lbs I’d like to lose, I look better now than I did in high school and I can’t wait to show off my new self to all of our old high school friends. I’m maid of honor in the wedding and I was wondering if you guys had any fun ideas for dances/routines the best man and I can do when they announce us at the reception. The bride to be has chosen “Thriller” for us to come out to.

Replies

• Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    ok not to be stupid.... but how about the thriller dance?? lol
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    The Thriller dance.
  • tikikris
    tikikris Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Allow the bride and groom to be the focus of attention :)
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I always just cringe when I see the wedding entrance. I'd rather people walk in properly.
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    ok not to be stupid.... but how about the thriller dance?? lol

THis is of course our go-to but we're last to be announced and I'm pretty sure the whole bridal party has this same idea and we want to do something different.
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    The bride and groom will be the center of attention. They come out last and to a completely different song after we're all announced. They want us to dance and be fun. They're fun people!
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am going to do this dance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCFRJEjM3fc

:)
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    The bride and groom will be the center of attention. They come out last and to a completely different song after we're all announced. They want us to dance and be fun. They're fun people!

Moon Walk
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You could do the Walk like an egyptian dance or the chicken dance if you want to get really goofy. Or you could moonwalk out. XD

Edited for typo.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Both of you get a silver glove and black hat ( Party City). You don't have to do the whole dance, Just coming out dancing with them on will be enough. Besides you don't want to take too much time away from the Bride and Groom.
    My Daughter got married last saturday and the DJ gave them out. Big hit!
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    i love the idea that the bridal party goes and dances and goes crazy during their entrances!! i hope all of mine do :) you are right, the bride and groom get their own song/entrance and since you're MOH you SHOULD go crazy so people know who you are.. the MOH and BM should be recognized too for all their hard work!

I like the moon walk idea, personally.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    So I have my best friend’s wedding this weekend. It’s wedding 2 of 4 this season. One of my main goals was to be trim and fit for the wedding. I have reached this goal. Even though I still have a few more lbs I’d like to lose, I look better now than I did in high school and I can’t wait to show off my new self to all of our old high school friends. I’m maid of honor in the wedding and I was wondering if you guys had any fun ideas for dances/routines the best man and I can do when they announce us at the reception. The bride to be has chosen “Thriller” for us to come out to.
    The Funky Chicken doing the Thriller dance...