Looking to lose baby belly!! (six months later..)

Options
Hello, heard about this wonderful site through a friend! Anyhow, I am looking to lose about 30 or so lbs to get down to my prepregnancy weight. This is such a great resource. Looking for anyone who has a similar goal to befriend, especially mommies who are struggling with losing weight! It's hard to fit in healthy living on top of caring for an infant, but it must be done!! Good luck to all!

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I'm a mommy! I have 4 kids and my last is only 3 months old. Prior to getting pregnant with her I lost 90 lbs so I'm looking to get back to where I was too!!!
  • maria25428
    Options
    in the same boat.. add me if you'd like!
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck:)) You can friend me if you like:))
  • AngelaDUlmer
    AngelaDUlmer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Jami
    I had my little one 11 weeks ago. I am currently 55 pounds less that my prepregnancy weight. :) I lost weight when I got pregnant do to lifestyle changes. I still have another 30 pounds I would like to lose.
    I am a working mother and have started walking on my lunch break. I find this website very helpful to keep me on track. It's so hard to find time for ourselves right now with these little ones, but I'm determined to squeeze exercise in when I can.
    I'm super motivated since my appearance has changed so quickly! :)
    I would like to befriend another new mommy!
    Take care and good luck!
    Angela
  • VLGmom
    VLGmom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! Friend request sent...
  • caripta85
    caripta85 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    mommy to a 7 month old trying to lose weight as well! Will send friend request :)
  • Mrserven
    Options
    Me, too! It's almost 10 months later. We can do it! :)
  • Enginette
    Enginette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi there, MommyJami! I have two children myself and remember being in the same situation. I know you are looking for people who are currently going through what you are, but I have been there and completely understand the struggle of balancing family with fitness. One thing you should understand (and it took me a long time to grasp this) is that spending 30-60 minutes 3-4 times a week is by no way, shape or form neglecting your motherly duties or responsibilities. In fact, NOT spending that time for yourself would cause more harm. You want your children to learn the habit of taking good care of themselves at an early age so they themselves will follow in your footsteps. You teach them to brush their teeth, bathe, eat...why not teach them to be fit! In addtion, by taking care of yourself, you will have more energy to play with them and live longer to play with your grandkids (as far off as that may seem right now). I think what you should do is set a goal for yourself...make a pact that you will exercies 3 days a week. Perhaps you can time it after your baby is asleep. Do you have a means to exercise at home? I'd like to keep in touch with you, if that is okay?
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I'm losing the baby weight as well. I got sick and tired of people asking me if I was expecting and my daughter was over a year (she's 16 months old now). I'm down 12 lbs and have 15 more to go to get to pre-baby!!! Add me if you want for support!!! You can do it and you will be great!!!
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Friend request on it's way :) We can do this!
  • Whutto1
    Whutto1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. My youngest is 13 mths and I am ready to tone up and get rid of my belly.