A new journey

mjshmily
mjshmily Posts: 137 Member
edited October 2 in Introduce Yourself
For the last few years I have hated my body. I used to be energetic and active and could put on a dress and feel pretty. Now I won't wear anything that goes above the knee because I look lumpy and I am embarrassed of my body. I am tired and run out of energy and have enough health problems without obesity being one of them. But it's one I can do something about. I try to watch what I eat and try to get out and do some form of activity but I find I get off track and am inconsisten. After watching a cousin of mine lose over 75 pounds by logging every calorie she consumed, I figured there is hope for me yet.

My goal right now is to get down to 200#s, but more importantly it's to be more active and have more stamina. I can only imagine that I will have so much more energy and will want to walk the dog a lot further if I don't have to carry around 50 extra pounds of me. I want to be able to look in the mirror and see someone who looks healthy and happy and fun, not tired and flabby and miserable.

So....I am new and any support or encouragement is always welcome, as other people milestones are wonderful inspirations.

Marla :flowerforyou:

Replies

• hey there! I'm sending friend request!
  • there is hope for everyone. I hope you meet your goals and enjoy MFP! x0
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Feel free to add me as a friend for help/support/encouragement
  • Good luck, im also sending a request. I have trouble with staying on track and MFP has been helping. Lets do it!
  • mjshmily
    mjshmily Posts: 137 Member
    Thank you so much. It's amazing when you track everything you eat you realize how fast it all adds up. I never realized how much I actually consumed in a day!
This discussion has been closed.