Calories

2»

Replies

• I'm allowed 1410 to lose the weight I want, but generally stick between 1200-1300.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    1310 (1 pound a week) - 1530 (1/2 pound a week)

I try to stay to a net calorie intake between those.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    The calorie goal is based on all the input you give MFP (age, weight, lifestyle, how much you want to lose). Mine was 1390 when I started but it goes down as you lose (if you want to keep losing at the same rate), so now I'm at 1210. My projected rate of loss is 1.5 lbs per week.
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    1200 for 1.5lb a week.

Side note: Being kinda new around here, I love checking out all your tickers...if you all can do that, so can I!
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    The calorie goal is based on all the input you give MFP (age, weight, lifestyle, how much you want to lose). Mine was 1390 when I started but it goes down as you lose (if you want to keep losing at the same rate), so now I'm at 1210. My projected rate of loss is 1.5 lbs per week.

Wait. So you mean I'm going to have to eat LESS than 1200 at some point? Ouch.
  • 1500 here.
    still loosing at 1/2 lb week usually. But im pretty active. &when workout I eat some of them back.never all of them.
    1200 calories and my body thinks its starving &then im ready to start chewing my own arm! Good for those of you who can stick to 1200!
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    I was at 1200 and today I reached my final goal and changed it to maintain. Now I have a whopping 1640!

CONGRATULATIONS! :flowerforyou:

Thank you!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member

Wait. So you mean I'm going to have to eat LESS than 1200 at some point? Ouch.

No, they'd never set it lower than 1200. That's the minimum.

I have my settings to lose 2lbs/week but since I'm already at the minimum of 1200, the max I can lose is 1.1lbs/week. This of course it just pure math and doesn't always translate to the real results.
  • MysticLiz
    MysticLiz Posts: 61 Member
    1200 but im still staying under 1000 =) yay me lol
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    1550 here and thats at maintenance and breastfeeding

So your maintenance calories are 1250?? Wow, that seems really low.

And Genem... you are a 6'4" man eating 1200 cals a day???? Um, seems incredibly low!

And "yay me" for eating 1000 cals a day????..... I don't even know how to respond to that.

I don't normally do this but........
    People, I know you want to lose weight FAST but 1200 cals a day is really low for the majority of the population.
    You don't have to do that to yourselves!

I'm getting close to maintaining, eating 1600 net calories a day (that means my daily allowance plus exercise calories, so I would usually eat anywhere between 1850 and 2400 total cals).
    The lowest I've ever gone is 1450 net and that was too little for me, I was hungry and grumpy and my weight loss stalled.
    I lost most of my weight eating around 1550 net cals a day.
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    2417 calories (that's including my 437 breastfeeding calories from nursing almost exclusively)

My goal is to lose 1% of my weight per week-- as is recommended by Fat2Fitradio so I lose fat and NOT muscle. I also want to get down to my goal weight and not be restricted to 1200-1500 calories the rest of my life for maintenance just because I killed my metabolism.

Slow and steady is making me very happy. :happy: