2400 Calorie Meal Plan

Options
I went to a nutrition shop and they set me up on a 2400 calorie high protein 40% to 30% Carb meal plan. Has this worked for anyone.

Replies

• Mortazor
    Mortazor Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What do they have you eating?
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    you can't just ask a vague question like this without any background...

what are your goals? Male/Female? height?
    Building muscle? Losing weight?
    Strength training?
    Any medical issues?

2400 would be way too low for some people and way too high for others depending on all these factors...
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    WOW ....that is a lot of calories....how much exercise a day to burn some of them?
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?
  • BigMamaDiva
    Options
    That seems like A LOT of calories. I dont think no matter what size you are, you arent going to lose ANY weight that way. Im a 30 yr old female, 257lb, 5'4'' and my DOCTOR has me on 1500 cals a day. I would consult your dr.
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    People, that is not necessarily a lot of calories. It depends on several things.

To the OP, I am guessing you are male... Are you exercising daily? What are you doing?

I am doing P90X and shooting for about 2400 per day, which is the recommended intake for me according to the P90X nutrition guide.
  • slimthicky
    slimthicky Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight on 2400 calories a day, depending on how many calories you are used to eating. For example, if you normally ate 4000 calories before, you can, and you will lose weight on 2400 calories. You just can't stay on 2400 calories and continue to lose the weight forever. As your weight decreases, your calories will also have to decrease. Happy losing!!
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    That seems like A LOT of calories. I dont think no matter what size you are, you arent going to lose ANY weight that way. Im a 30 yr old female, 257lb, 5'4'' and my DOCTOR has me on 1500 cals a day. I would consult your dr.

I'm a 29 , 6'1" 241 lb male and I eat between 2100 - 2500 every day. I lose about 1lb a week on average. :)
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for human kibble.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I have to admit this... *sigh* I'm eating a little humble pie here, okay and it's effin bitter, lol.

I used to buy into lower calorie diets. I reached my goal weight with a baseline calorie goal of 1200. That being said, I would always eat back exercise calories, so often, my day ended with me having worked out and consumed around 1600 total.

This is all new to me and I'm still learning a ton, but I'm in my 2nd week of hardcore resistance training (The New Rules of Lifting for Women). Doing this kind of workout, I could NOT survive on even a 1500 base of calories. I'm supposed to eat right around 2000-2200 calories on a lift day, but I find myself constantly starving, so I've been averaging closer to 2500 calories on lift days.

That being said, I weighed in today and in a week's time, I'm down 1/2 a pound. It seems so crazy to me, but it really feels like I'm getting my metabolism working for me this way.

Now, having said that, I will also mention I'm doing very hard, real work. For instance, when I do shoulder presses, I have a 20 lbs dumbbell in each hand. I can barely finish it without feeling like I'm gonna drop those effers on my head, lol.

So like I said, I'm still learning, but my new motto seems to be.. work hard, eat hard!
  • ASaxe23
    ASaxe23 Posts: 163
    Options
    There's a reason they put you on they much trust them and try it! I'm on a 2,050k diet! I'm losing !
  • ASaxe23
    ASaxe23 Posts: 163
    Options
    I hope it works for you!
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I went to a nutrition shop and they set me up on a 2400 calorie high protein 40% to 30% Carb meal plan. Has this worked for anyone.

It sounds like they are giving you more calories to be able to sell you more of their stuff :) I am in Sales, so it slants the way I look at the world.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    As a 5'2" 108 lb girl I eat 2000-2400 to maintain depending if I work out.
    2400 for a male is NOT a huge amount.

I don't think they are JUST trying to "sell you stuff", and don't listen to the person who said you can't lose weight on that much. If I can maintain on it, SURELY a MALE who way outweighs me can LOSE on it.

Every body is different.
    If you are taking protein shakes and lifting weights, and trying to gain muscle, it is even likely that you may need to take in MORE than 2400 a day since it is very difficult to increase muscle while in a catabolic state.
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I actually agree with robin52077 here, I was kidding a bit with my sales slant above, thus the smiley. I have a friend who is training fora triathlon and he currently eats around 4,500 calories a day just to maintain and has been actually dropping regardless.
  • columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Iam 23% bodyfat and they have me eating balanced meals
  • columbus27
    Options
    Thats great
  • columbus27
    Options
    I am about 5 10 M 240 I am just tired of being hungry. They said the will start restricting every so often.
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    It's all about calories in vs calories out. Honestly.

If you're eating 2400 calories, but burning 3400 calories. Then you'll loose weight. It's that simple.

I am aiming to get my daily burn up. Right now my daily goal for burn is 2,600, so my daily goal for intake is 1,600, it was SO AWESOME on Monday when I burned 3,000, because I love to eat and that meant I could eat more.

So someone doing a lot of physical activity could certainly loose weight eating a healthy, balanced diet of 2400 a day!!!

God bless!
  • columbus27
    Options
    People, that is not necessarily a lot of calories. It depends on several things.

To the OP, I am guessing you are male... Are you exercising daily? What are you doing?

I am doing P90X and shooting for about 2400 per day, which is the recommended intake for me according to the P90X nutrition guide.
    working out 3 times a week