Best Protein Shake/Powder

Options
So I've yet to find/experience a protein shake/powder that I can handle. I know there are a lot of new ones out there and I'm probably just gun-shy from my past experience. Also, alot seem to be high in calories (even those that are low in sugar content).

They have dotfit at my gym but the container size is huge and they didn't have samples. I don't want to spend that much money on something that huge and then not like it.

At the grocery stores/health stores there are rows and rows of the stuff.

Suggestion? Thoughts? Options?

Replies

• JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    bump-i'd like to know as well!
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Myofusion is a whey protein blend that ranges between 147 and 157 calories per scoop, and it's pretty yummy. It's also low carb (with no casein) and has about 3 g of carbs per scoop and 25 g of protein. I especially love the milk chocolate and banana perfection flavors.

It is a little pricey, but you can get it cheaper on the GNC website and possibly even on bodybuilding.com. I hope that this helps!
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    GNC Pro Amp (powder) and GNC Lean Shakes (in the bottle, for on the go)

Trust me when I say I've tried them all. I love love love these. xoxoo
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition whey protein, or At Large Nutrition Nitrean. There are no others.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Myofusion
    Trutein
    Ultra Peptide 2.0

all great tasting
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    check out Isopure Zero Carb & Isopure Low Carb. I love mine (and so does my blood sugar!). I also really like Muscle Nog which is pretty new on the market. The chocolate flavor, when mixed with milk, is like drinking the melty delicious stuff in a bowl of ice cream
  • DanielleF68
    Options
    SHAKEOLOGY! By far the BEST I have ever tried!
    Here is the link
    www.shakeologyjustdrinkit.com
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition.. usually get it from GNC. Do you go to Crunch by any chance? They usually use DotFit. I used it for a while.. the Vanilla was my first. I liked it. I'd blend it with strawberries or bananas and skim milk.

What happened in your past experiences? Maybe that would help us suggest one?

Also I wouldn't worry too much about it being high calorie... they're good calories cause its pretty much all protein. You just have to fit it into your diary. It can act as a snack or a meal replacement.. whatever suits your needs. They're actually kind of filling.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    hmmm..i think we just had this discussion this morning. Anyone try the search button? I bet there are tons of responses just waiting to be sifted through.
    for the record, I buy the 6lb bags at Costco made by musclemilk.
  • tlwicklund
    Options
    I just tried designer whey, they have chocolate and french vanilla.. its only 100 cal per scoop, and I found it at target, I enjoy it, especially with gatorade
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    TIP: you can get infinitely better prices online for supps then at GNC/Vitamin Shoppe etc
  • cjasins
    Options
    Truetein...on their site you can get sample for cheap but I order on sportsnutritiononline because it's cheaper
  • socialite1
    Options
    Myofusion is a whey protein blend that ranges between 147 and 157 calories per scoop, and it's pretty yummy. It's also low carb (with no casein) and has about 3 g of carbs per scoop and 25 g of protein. I especially love the milk chocolate and banana perfection flavors.

It is a little pricey, but you can get it cheaper on the GNC website and possibly even on bodybuilding.com. I hope that this helps!

This is what I use and I love it! I usually by the vanilla flavor then add fruit to it as a treat after extra hard workouts.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I have used the following and like them all for various reasons:

Muscletech 100% Premium Whey Protein Plus-chocolate
    Optimum Nutrition - 100% Whey Gold Standard (Double Rich Chocolate)
    Optimum Nutrition - 100% Whey Protein Powder- Strawberry
    Naturade Total Soy - Soy Meal Replacement - Vanilla
    Eas 100%Whey Protein Chocolate - Chocolate Whey Protein Mix

I have used them to replace a meal and also for recovery after a work out.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I use Sunwarrior. It's vegan (brown rice protein), so no whey (which some people are sensitive to). If you email them and ask, they will send you free samples. I think it's delicious! :flowerforyou:

http://www.sunwarrior.com
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey

Great product, good tasting
  • tranquilgirl64
    tranquilgirl64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ViSalus Sciences has a Nutritional Shake Mix that is wonderful, reminds me of cake batter. I must add that it is a bit pricey but I have found it to be a great addition to my morning smoothies. It has 12g of protein, 90 calories, less than 1 g of sugar per serving (2 scoops).

I am a massage therapist and find protein a must to stay strong throughout the day. Not only does this satisfy my protein needs but it contains many other nutrients as well. My husband is a scientist and I had him research this product before I purchased it and he was very impressed.
  • treesloth
    treesloth Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Any idea what is causing you problems? Is it the milk elements of the protein? Seems like most folks have to go through an adjustment period. I've been using Dymatize Elite Egg Protein. It's 110 calories for 24g of protein. The taste is up there with anything I've had. I have no problem with milk products... I just wanted to try this out, and I'm happy with it so far.
  • msjamartin
    Options
    I think I just have bad memories from 15-20 years ago with this stuff was just getting popular. It was gritty, never blended well and had an aftertaste. In addition, when I was a kid and the liquid diets were a fad (I know not nearly the same but it is a mental thing) we had the old Cambridge diet in the house and that stuff was just plain NASTY!

So, before I took the plunge on a big, expensive container, I really wanted something that I could sample or purchase in a small quantity first.

I know, I know, the changes and improvements over the last several years make all this just getting over a mental hurdle. So I thought those of you actually using the stuff could help and you have. I'll be making a list of the most popular ones on this thread and doing more research to make my choice.
  • MyGoodLife
    Options
    I am fussy about taste, as well. I use Designer Whey chocolate. I don't like the vanilla too much.

I've also heard that Jay Robb protein powder is very tasty, and healthier for some reason... but I think it's expensive.