Toxic Apple Juice here in America

Options

Replies

• LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Precisly why I only let my kids drink Mountain Dew

You're so smart. Mountain Dew is the safest thing to drink. Dr. Phil says so!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Or Red Bull when MD isn't available.

My children will be main-lining Sparks and Joose when they're born.
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    "Despite his compelling stories and feel-good philosophy, I believe Dr. Oz is advocating that doctors use treatments based upon sloppy reasoning and poor evidence," Dr. Steven Novella.

"Dr. Oz promotes unproven approaches such as Reiki and Therapeutic Touch, and to support them he cherry-picks studies that are positive and ignores the negative ones" Dr. Mary Ann Malloy

That being said, I think Juice is bad in general due to its high sugar content, just eat the apple. 1 glass of apple juice is like 5-10 apples in one shot.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Whomever has children should go to Dr Oz online. I just watched a show about arsenic in apple juice. Motts,Gerber and Juicy Juice are the brands that have the most arsenic. Seems Minute Maid has the lowest. WOW!!! My fam is grown, but they grew up on that stuff.
    www.DOCTOROZ.com.
    Makes you think!
    jac

What does that mean? Doctors will tell you that the difference between a "chemical" being a poison and healing is the DOSAGE. So what dosage/amount is acceptable before arsenic becomes poisonous. Let's face it, arsenic and other poisons are in MANY of the Products we eat and containers that hold foods as well as using chemicals that cause cancer (What about the Nitrates/Nitrites?). Let's get this straight...Many of the foods we eat that are packaged, canned, frozen, shipped in containers are a trade off for convenience and lower costs. We LIKE that in the USA! Example: The "WORLD" build smaller, more cost effective cars to drive because of the oil problems...USA, WE build BIGGER and less cost effective automobiles.

How many parents are NOW going to go out, buy a Juicer, and buy 1-2 CASES PER WEEK of ORGANIC Apples, juice them and Clean Up after each juicing to give themselves and their kids until they are 18 y.o.

Is this "Just" another SCARE for the purpose of making a SHOW or is it REALLY meaningful?
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options

Mine prefer Volt .....

Too much sugar....Rain Organic Vodka is good for kids. Helps them get their sleep at night and no added pesticides...
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz shouldn't be on the air...he's a quack, along with Dr. Phil.
  • EDesq
    Options
    I never let my daughter drink juice. Mostly empty calories and it's really expensive.

What about the Hormone Levels in Milk! What about the "stuff" in water...and Plastic Bottles!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    this is just as scary as the whole "there's cholesterol in eggs" thing! WOW!

WHAT?! Thank heavens I was sitting when I read this.
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way... I even asked someone about raising chickens... sounds a little complicated/messy. I know you can "buy a cow". And have it slaughtered and then you put it all in your freezer. I have wondered if that wouldn't be a bad way to go.

I have chickens. They aren't too difficult to deal with and even make fairly decent pets. Useful ones that give me eggs:bigsmile:
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options

Careful, I think that stuff has some orange juice in it! :laugh:
  • Corruptkitten
    Corruptkitten Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz is a quack. All processed foods are mostly crap. Obviously, the mainstream more mass produced ones are worse. If you want healthier go for natural/organic products. Just try to stick to fresh food from nature and you're set. Apple juice is super easy to make and when you make it, you know what is in it. Simple as that.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    You guys probably aren't aware of this because the Corn syrup has already eaten your brain with its corn syrup parasites, but mountain dew and volt are loaded with corn syrup. What you really should be drinking is Straight black coffee.

Giving your kids straight black coffee is the safest most nutritional all natural liquid they can drink as the caffeine stimulates brain activity and metabolisms. The hype about it stunting your growth is a dumb wives tale Err Old wife one or the other.
  • EDesq
    Options
    Frankly, I DO NOT hold Dr. Oz in any esteem! I have heard him say to many DUMB things, and at BEST UN-KNOWLEDGEABLE about some things. Just because someone is a doctor does NOT mean that they know it all OUTSIDE of their specialty! He gets "briefed" on these topics and if something makes a good show, he rolls with it!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Pick a subject. Any subject. Then google it. You'll find people on both sides of the fence ready to sing the praises or shout the warnings.

Not enough water / Too much water
    No carbs / good carbs
    Meat is bad for you / Gotta have protien.
    How come we don't / How come we do

Take it with a grain of salt. Oh wait...salt is bad for you.

Whatever
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    onoes.gifjust another scare tactic i have yet to hear of anyone dying from posin that is in these brands that have been around forever
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz... doesn't he come on after Springer?
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids.. but if I did I would give them straight everclear. The alcohol will kill any pathogens without the use of those horrible pesticides.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I never let my daughter drink juice. Mostly empty calories and it's really expensive.

^^This^^

Milk and water for my kiddo... I think she got a little watered down apple cider during the holidays last year.

That said... it sounds like more fear mongering to me.
  • LoveHoodies
    Options
    onoes.gifjust another scare tactic i have yet to hear of anyone dying from posin that is in these brands that have been around forever

Totally not true, my boyfriend got an email from a coworker who had a cousin who read a news article from their brother about a missing dog and that dog belonged to somebody whose mother in law had a neighbor who totally died from a combination of arsenic in apple juice and a tomahawk to the head.