Lost inches!

Options
mo1700
mo1700 Posts: 78 Member
Was diagnosed with type2 diabetes at the end of March this year. Went to see nurse today for checkup, she weighed and measured me. My waist which started at 39" in April has now gone down to 31", never thought I would get under that magic 35" so well chuffed, and my hips which measured either high 50's or low 60's (can't remember) are now 41", have now lost over 35/35lbs but don't know what I started on as didn't weigh myself until after I had started losing and my blood pressure has come way way way down, just hoping that my blood and urine results are good too otherwise will have to go on meds :-( which I don't want yet! Guess starting this journey for my health, instead of the hundreds of times before, is paying off and whilst I know I will never be a size 10 or 12 a small size 14 will do me nicely, fingers crossed!

Replies

• mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! You don't know what you'll be - done isn't until you're done;)
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    thats awesome to hear..the health NSVs are always the best.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your health. I bet you can be a size 10. :)
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    WTG GURLL!!
    your measurements are so close to mine! My hips are 40'' and my waist is 29'' usually.
    I bet you could fit into twelves since I fit into a 9 or 11 usually.: 3
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    WTG GURLL!!
    your measurements are so close to mine! My hips are 40'' and my waist is 29'' usually.
    I bet you could fit into twelves since I fit into a 9 or 11 usually.: 3
  • dbray2
    dbray2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is such great news! With diet and exercise, though, I you can achieve whatever you put your mind to. If you put your mind to a size 12, you could definitely do it!!! Congratulations from this nurse!!!
  • mo1700
    mo1700 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your motivating responses ;-)

GreenSkinnyJeans guess I should have added I am a UK size 14 so probably being realistic a 12-14 would be my ideal.
  • thibautseeker
    thibautseeker Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's great news! You must feel so much better.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!