explanation of teams

Options
can someone explain what the different teams are? does each team have a different goal? can anybody join?

my goal is as follows:

i am 29 with a 9 week old baby and 23 lbs to lose. i am breastfeeding so i cannot work out vigourously yet. i am currently training (amatuerly and at a sorry pace) for a 5k in May. i want to lose weight, tone, firm and have a generally fit and toned look. i seriously lack willpower and motivation. i have poor endurance and stamina right now. i am trying to do cardio to increase my workout durations and intensity.

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• SaraWojcik19
    SaraWojcik19 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    can someone explain what the different teams are? does each team have a different goal? can anybody join?

my goal is as follows:

i am 29 with a 9 week old baby and 23 lbs to lose. i am breastfeeding so i cannot work out vigourously yet. i am currently training (amatuerly and at a sorry pace) for a 5k in May. i want to lose weight, tone, firm and have a generally fit and toned look. i seriously lack willpower and motivation. i have poor endurance and stamina right now. i am trying to do cardio to increase my workout durations and intensity.

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    good question...I would like to know this information too. I never knew about any teams?
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    We are different teams like on the tv show the Biggest Loser. If you are interested, email bohlon15 and see if it is too late or not. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/bohlon15 Here is her page so you can find her easier! Good luck and welcome!!
  • SaraWojcik19
    Options
    so its not about goals? i thought it was like the blue team focused on cardio, the black team is looking to lose 2 lbs a week, etc.... like each group had specific goals? this isn't the case????
  • renae77
    Options
    We are all trying to lose weight and get healthy and we are just posting challenges for each team member to do so we can get the lowest weight of the week. Different teams are posting different things for them to all do.
  • Annika
    Annika Posts: 55
    Options
    I like the idea of different groups for different goals :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    make it so.
  • SaraWojcik19
    Options
    ok great. tell me what your goals are and lets get something going.

and not just that you want to lose weight but more specific.
  • renae77
    Options
    ok great. tell me what your goals are and lets get something going.

and not just that you want to lose weight but more specific.
    What kind of group are you wanting to start? I am wanting to lose about 60 pounds and become healthier and fit so I can keep up with my 4 year old. I want to be able to go to the beach and look GOOD in a bathing suit, not like a beached whale which is how I have looked for a long time now!
  • SaraWojcik19
    Options
    i ust posted starting a new team. since i'm new to working out and not very fit at this point. i am looking to make fitness part of my daily life, increase my strength as well as drop 23 lbs. i'm in no mad rush. my main goal is to just adapt my life to having fitness be a focus. check out my post title STARTERS. those are my goals.
  • renae77
    Options
    i ust posted starting a new team. since i'm new to working out and not very fit at this point. i am looking to make fitness part of my daily life, increase my strength as well as drop 23 lbs. i'm in no mad rush. my main goal is to just adapt my life to having fitness be a focus. check out my post title STARTERS. those are my goals.
    I read your post and it sounds like great goals! You are on the right track. I think you will do great! I had 62 pounds total to lose.....57 more now. I am trying the Biggest Loser challenge and hoping to get down to my goal weight which is 135-130. I wish you so much luck! Oh I wish I could do pushups too and not on my knees. I can do 10 push ups on my knees only and its hard to do those!
  • SaraWojcik19
    Options
    thanks for your support. i hope someone decides to join me!!!!! i've always felt like such a weakling because i can't do real push ups and i've never in my life done a chin up! i'm gonna hit that goal too!
  • renae77
    Options
    I will support anyone and a lot of people on here have supported me even on my bad days! I know you can do this. I am hoping to do a pull up too. I have an ab tower that also has the pull up bar but I can NOT get myself up there! Ugghhhh!!! It is so awful! Keep me posted on how your team thing goes. I hope you get someone wanting to do that with you. That will be awesome! I may even have to join in because I need to get my strength up too! Good luck to you!!