Suggestions for a good wrap??

Options
I really like eating the grilled chicken wrap at Chickfila but I wanted to make one at home that is equally tasty. I've tried in the past but I think maybe I'm using the wrong kind of wrap. Any suggestions for a good wrap?

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I love Flat Out wraps.
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    They make all types of tortillas.

At health food stores you can usually find ezekiel tortillas and the like
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have a hard time finding the flat out wraps so I will use La Tortilla low carb wraps.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I like using lettuce instead of a wrap...way lower calorie count, too!
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I can NEVER find the flat out wraps. It seems like all the stores around town sell out within minutes! When I do manage to get some it feels like Christmas. I make pizza out of them and have delicious wraps for lunch all week! There are a lot of good flavored tortillas out there but they're a little higher cal. I like the cheddar jalapeno wraps but again, I think they are a little more than double the cals of the flat out wraps.
  • TRACYW2002
    TRACYW2002 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good idea, what kind of lettuce?
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I like using lettuce instead of a wrap...way lower calorie count, too!

very good idea! i never thought about that! thanks :)
  • SyrisisFAT
    Options
    low fat tortillas (wheat and there's also a low fat option) with lettuce, tomato, avocados, mushroom, or olives honey mustard and tuna (no maya) sometimes a slice of cheese but try not to. I ate this every day for lunch as well as egg whites in the morning avoiding all breads, meats (other then tuna) and cutting back on dairy and absolutely and no sweets. I lost ten pounds in a month.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Good idea, what kind of lettuce?

Anything with wide leaves, like romaine, iceburg, or red leaf.
  • scv4414
    scv4414 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Flat Out Wraps(we buy them at costco)!! They are 100 calories, but have like 9g of protein or something. Today at lunch I went home and made one with shredded chicken, 1/2 cup of blackbeans, one tbs sour cream, cilantro, tomato and lime joice. 350 calories, 35 grams of protein!!
  • TRACYW2002
    TRACYW2002 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    low fat tortillas (wheat and there's also a low fat option) with lettuce, tomato, avocados, mushroom, or olives honey mustard and tuna (no maya) sometimes a slice of cheese but try not to. I ate this every day for lunch as well as egg whites in the morning avoiding all breads, meats (other then tuna) and cutting back on dairy and absolutely and no sweets. I lost ten pounds in a month.

Wow thats awesome! I need to have some carbs though because I'm training for a 1/2 marathon
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    La Tortilla Factory - Low Carb / High Fiber Whole Wheat Tortillas.