Cross trainer / Elliptical?

Options
I might be showing my total lack of fitness knowledge here but what if any are the differences between a Cross trainer and an elliptical trainer?! :ohwell:

Replies

• RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Very little difference, although I would suggest they have to have the moving arms to be a Cross-trainer.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Add a third... Adaptive Motion Trainer --- by far my favorite ! Feels like you're running on a cloud but I burn 100 cals every 10 mins --- its an awesome quick workout. The regular ellipticals always felt odd to me, like I had to squat funny to make them work.

I think they are all just different variations...
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    nada, nothing, zero, zilch.

:) just different names different people use! :) x
  • kybluesky
    kybluesky Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Found this on a website...

There is no difference between cross trainers and elliptical trainers – it is one in the same thing. It is called elliptical because of the oval footpath that the machine follows. And the cross trainer name probably comes from the fact that it cross trains your body – in other words it exercises your upper body as well as your lower body at the same time.
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Add a third... Adaptive Motion Trainer --- by far my favorite ! Feels like you're running on a cloud but I burn 100 cals every 10 mins --- its an awesome quick workout. The regular ellipticals always felt odd to me, like I had to squat funny to make them work.

I think they are all just different variations...

What is this magical machine you speak of?
  • GemUK84
    GemUK84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone, now to find one to purchase for home use.....any suggestions on where to start?
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Argos have them, or if you wanna go cheaper Ebay or Gumtree? x