i have walked for 3 days

Options
i have walked for 3 days in a row at 3.0/3.5 for 45-60 minutes.... my feet are hurting.... should i take tonight off? or work through the pain?

Replies

• ACook42
    ACook42 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I think you should change out your shoes when your feet hurt....could make all the difference
  • poloplayer76
    Options
    well done! i would say rather do some walking today say 20min rather than nothing at all - it will keep you motivated and youd be glad you did it afterward. Gud luck on your journey
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I agree that a shorter walk is better than nothing....and DO check your shoes. Your feet shouldn't be hurting ...........
  • dinaislas
    Options
    work through the pain. maybe just a little slower speed today. dont stop walking because one day will turn into to 2, than 3, than so on. Keep up the good work!! :)
  • roebuck1908
    Options
    How far are away from home now ?
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Just vary the distance and intensity,but keep on moving. Get some nice cooling foot cream and treat your feet for all their hard work.
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Yes check your shoes, get some good walking shoes.
  • donaporterfield
    Options
    i have walked for 3 days in a row at 3.0/3.5 for 45-60 minutes.... my feet are hurting.... should i take tonight off? or work through the pain?

the same thing happened to me but it was mainly my heels that hurt like crazy i worked through the pain and its alot better now i guess my feet got used to it
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    LOL I was thinking the same thing! How far did you get? tee hee hee

Seriously, I like the change up the shoes and at least go for a short walk.
  • AddA2UDE
    Options
    Change it up! Ride your bike, go swim some laps, get on the eliptical, go chase your kids around the park. There are LOTS of ways to get your heart rate up.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hi there...I agree check your shoes and socks...where is the foot pain...if it is your heels you might need orthodics or are you walking on a slope..is it a bunyan forming...or do you have blisters??
    I'd say rest a bit and check out the options of what might be causing it!
    Hope you feel better soon
    :flowerforyou:
  • navyjeffrey
    Options
    I would say that if you are just starting into heavy walking, that they could be sore (tired) due to new exercise, but if they are actually painfully sore then I would absolutely purchase a new pair of shoes that are designed for walking and reduce the walking until you have them.
  • kwinty37
    Options
    Well, I have been walking 20 minutes before work and then 30 minutes in the evening....