Man sues white castle

bikermike5094
bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
I can totally relate to this. Its tough to find places to sit when your large.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44523370/ns/today-today_people/

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    I saw this yesterday. Really when did obesity fall under the american's with Disabilities act? I didn't think it was a disability.....REALLY! people get a clue. If you don't fit in the seats at White Castle maybe you shouldn't be eating there!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    man my family could sue so many resturants, luckily for them we just shrug it off and ask for a table..
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    I love how he uses the term "wedge" when refering to sitting down. In all honesty and seriousness though, it drives me crazy that I feel like a little kid at most restaurants because I have pull myself up to the table in order to eat and not spill all over my lap. I've eaten at some places where there was well over 2' of space between me and the table when I was leaned up against the backrest.
  • I'm sorry, but I find this completely ridiculous. He doesn't fit because he is overweight. I'm thinking that maybe he should lose the weight instead of suing the company for inadequate seating when it's most likely entirely his own fault that he is overweight and not able to fit into the seating.
    I'm not trying to bash people that are overweight or anything, and I'm not saying that it's not embarrassing for them because I'm sure that it is, and I'm sorry if I have offended anyone because that was not my intention, but this is what I think about that.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    I saw this yesterday. Really when did obesity fall under the american's with Disabilities act? I didn't think it was a disability.....REALLY! people get a clue. If you don't fit in the seats at White Castle maybe you shouldn't be eating there!

^^^This^^^^

I admit, I am a big gal with big "gals" and sometimes I have trouble "wedging" myself into booths. That's why a) I am working to LOSE that weight and b) ask for a table. Seriously, this is nuts!
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    So they have no handicap, wheelchair tables? Yes that would be a violation. Otherwise, maybe he should just choose to eat else where or take it to go.
  • I can relate, but instead of filing a frivolous lawsuit that only serves to hurt our nation (if White Castle has to pay, they may raise prices or fire workers to compensate, or other possibilities) I choose to get off my fat *kitten* and do something about it (such as coming to MFP to help me lose weight and better fit in said tight booths).

I personally think this lawsuit is BS. If you are too big to fit in the booth, stop eating at White Castle!!

Even if his weight is because of a medical issue, I am pretty sure that eating White Castle sliders won't help him. Either way, I see this lawsuit as a way for a lazy person to get money in a crappy economy!
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    I personally think this lawsuit is BS. If you are too big to fit in the booth, stop eating at White Castle!!

Even if his weight is because of a medical issue, I am pretty sure that eating White Castle sliders won't help him. Either way, I see this lawsuit as a way for a lazy person to get money in a crappy economy!

AMEN!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    lawsuits like this are such BS
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    In all honesty and seriousness though, it drives me crazy that I feel like a little kid at most restaurants because I have pull myself up to the table in order to eat and not spill all over my lap. I've eaten at some places where there was well over 2' of space between me and the table when I was leaned up against the backrest.

I always feel really awkward when I have to pull the actual table toward me because the chairs won't move. They're always so loud.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    If I was his wife I'd tell him to cop on and stop eating there! His unhealthy diet is the reason he can't "wedge" himself into the seats. Granted the rest of us aren't here from eating too much lettuce but we're trying to do the right thing and eat somewhat healthy!!