COFFEE!!

Options

Replies

• Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My coffee is non-negotiable, too. And, I choose to drink it the way I like it. I cut corners elsewhere.
  • rodt123
    Options
    Coffe is Americas #1 source of antioxidants... black tea is #2, bananas are #3
    Antioxidants protect your body from toxic free radicals that can help start chronic diseases,
    toxic free radicals can come from breathing oxygen to eating refined sugar.
    Some studies support the case that antioxidants can help your body fight off cancer, heart disease and diabetes.
    Regular coffee raises your blood pressure, if you drink a lot of coffee mix in some decaf.
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    coffee is too addicting to me so now I dont really drink it except on Sunday morning I have 1/2 cup with Truvia and creamer and thats my limit! I love the taste of coffee and the caffeine rush!
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I love it! Have drank it black for many years. However, there is interesting info out there that caffiene can actually keep the belly fat ON....google "coffee fat gain" and check it out for yourself.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It's one of my morning weakness

After reading this post I'm going to try to adapt to black.......no promises though lol!!
  • LA_proud
    LA_proud Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    one 12 oz cup....with stevia and I actually measure the 1 TBSP of sugar free hazelnut creamer....
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I make my coffee at work - it makes me SUPER excited to go to work!!! I have 3 cups every day during the week. On the weekends I'll splurge and have 4. Black. I will put in Splenda if it's available but if not - black.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I will destroy lives and tear families asunder if I don't have it. Frequently.
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee. But I like lots of cream (half & half or heavy cream), so I've had to cut back. I'm the person who likes a little coffee in her cream. LOL Seriously, my coffee cup is almost half cream if it's the way I really like it.

I don't use much sugar, just 2 teaspoons.. so it's really just the calorie count of the cream I have to worry about.

God bless!
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I actually don't drink coffee or even tea. I get the shakes, and it makes it realy difficult to concentrate. I like to call it mud with the way my co-workers make it.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I love coffee, but my sodium is always high and I eat TONs of protein, so I try to keep my water intake high...Coffee is a diuretic and you have to drink extra water to compensate...I found it just easier to not drink coffee and stick to all different kinds of tea or plain water. I drink coffee when I am out to eat or occasionally on Sunday mornings, but that is it...I really don't miss it as much as I thought I would...
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Yay...black, freshly ground is preferred. As for why...so that others might survive!!!
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I saw this thread and looked at the time. It's 6.56am which means I should make my way to the cafe for my morning macchiato. This is the best part of the morning and kickstarts my day.
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I drink it black, I eat chocolate covered beans, I have had coffee yogurt. It part of my life. The only negative I have found is don't drink it before a long run (the cathartic effect gets in the way). I Love it!
  • smedlund
    smedlund Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I drink it black. Have always drank it black. I allow myself to drink coffee until lunch then I cut myself off or I would drink it all day.
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have some bad news everyone. I spilled a tiny amount of my coffee about 5 minutes ago. Now the coffee stain is mixing with my tears...
  • x_sotonguetied
    Options
    so many replies, thank you all!!!

definitely helped me out, lol. i will no longer contemplate the coffee, and since i had a rather chilly walk home today, i enjoyed a guilt-free tall sized (i want to say it's 12 oz?) coffee with a splash of skim milk, one splenda packet, and one packet of raw cane sugar. :)

and i love every last drop of it!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Have cut my caffeine intake to once a week, so the morning grind is decaf--specifically:
    12 oz fresh ground espresso grind verona decaf+ 1 tsp stevia + 2 tbsp low calorie almond milk.

Love the taste; love the ritual. And surprisingly, don't miss the caffeine.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I love the coffee...

I'm in the military, and that is a very popular beverage. I like mine strong and black!

I drink numerous cups of coffee nearly every day that are strong and black, and mabye a couple of times a month I'll head to the local Starbucks and splurge on a fufu coffee. Today I actually got a Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte. I was surprised when I saw that the numbers for that particular beverage are not toooo bad.

Gotta have the coffee though!
    Navy coffee! Oh, Boy, I couldn't handle that stuff. We always imported our coffee and made it ourselves in the office. Even in the Med, we had wives and girlfriends mailing us Folgers. :laugh:
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    i like my cup of coffee black 8 oz .keeps me awake at work.