New in Denver!!

Heimarcla
Heimarcla Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, this is my first time on this site/board. What a wonderful find! I am so happy to have the motivation and support of others. This journey is not easy for any of us!

I have close to 60 pounds I want to lose. I hadn't stepped on a scale in awhile and so when I got on New Years Day when I was beginning my diet, I was shocked to learn that I weighed about 10 pounds more than I had thought.

I never struggled too much with my weight up until 3.5 years ago when I was pregnant with my son and it just did not come off after giving birth to him. I never thought I would have this much weight to lose at once. I'm ashamed of myself, but I understand that it is from not exercising much and not watching what I ate. I pretty much just ate whatever I wanted..... So..... And I've always been horrible about not eating all day ( I never feel hungry in the morning) and then eating until I am stuffed at dinner. And eating a late dessert while sitting in bed watching a movie. That is so terrible. So that is how an extra 60 pounds came to be!

I can do it, I know we all can do it. I feel lucky to have stumbled upon this wonderful group of supporters and the before and after photos I've seen of you all are remarkable and a complete inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!

I look forward to meeting you, supporting you and getting your support in return!

Have a fabulous night everybody!

-Heidi

Replies

• Hi everyone, this is my first time on this site/board. What a wonderful find! I am so happy to have the motivation and support of others. This journey is not easy for any of us!

I have close to 60 pounds I want to lose. I hadn't stepped on a scale in awhile and so when I got on New Years Day when I was beginning my diet, I was shocked to learn that I weighed about 10 pounds more than I had thought.

I never struggled too much with my weight up until 3.5 years ago when I was pregnant with my son and it just did not come off after giving birth to him. I never thought I would have this much weight to lose at once. I'm ashamed of myself, but I understand that it is from not exercising much and not watching what I ate. I pretty much just ate whatever I wanted..... So..... And I've always been horrible about not eating all day ( I never feel hungry in the morning) and then eating until I am stuffed at dinner. And eating a late dessert while sitting in bed watching a movie. That is so terrible. So that is how an extra 60 pounds came to be!

I can do it, I know we all can do it. I feel lucky to have stumbled upon this wonderful group of supporters and the before and after photos I've seen of you all are remarkable and a complete inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!

I look forward to meeting you, supporting you and getting your support in return!

Have a fabulous night everybody!

-Heidi
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Hey Heidi!
    Welcome to MFP! This site is really great and everyone here are great supporters! You will have fun and make good friends along the way and become the healthier smaller person you want to be! Join in on any of our threads and chat with us!!
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    WELCOME!!!:drinker:
  • Hi Heidi :flowerforyou:

Welcome! I just joined the other day and have been so happy with this site...everything in one place! It is awesome!

Holly
This discussion has been closed.