Zig Zag and Exercise

Options
For those who use zig zag calorie cycling, I have a question. Do you raise the total amount that you exercise on the days that you raise your intake, or do you keep your exercise steady and let the deficit just be larger on those days in order to accomplish the purpose of the intake cycling, to begin with?

I was curious. I'm just now trying it in order to break out of the almost immediate plateau that my body went into when I tried to shrink it.

Replies

• phitmom4life
    Options
    That's a great question. I didn't think about that and want to try zig zag.
  • becca92562
    becca92562 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have my zig zag calculated for a person that works out 3x a week so the exercise calories are already figured in
  • sunshinestorm
    sunshinestorm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've been zig zagging for several weeks and on the days that are low caloric days, I exercise more and don't eat back all the calories, and on the days where I eat more, I exercise less. (Acutally one of my days I eat more is Saturday's so I tend to eat more anyway, but I do more exercising to make up for the weekend calories). I will go about 200-400 calories over my goal calories for the day. It seems to make sense to me that way and I have been averaging at losing 1lb a week, but that's due to a lot of factors.