Food you won't log,

Options
2»

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Lying to ourselves is the biggest reason we have inaccurate diaries.

With that being said, if its under 25 calories, I don't log it. Calories are a guesstimate anyhow.

;)

I agree! I think the only thing I don't log is the little bit of mustard and mayo I put on my sandwiches. When I log consistently (which I'm not doing now because I'm pregnant) I even log the butter I cook with.
  • prettytoxic
    prettytoxic Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I don't ever log my fruit and veg.
    It's good for me and I never add sugar/salt so I need to get out of the habit of thinking it's extra calories.
  • drjennelle
    drjennelle Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    hopefully thuis doesn't offend anyone, but i thought today's urban word of the day is quite appropriate for this topic ;)

zero calorie dinner:

when your dinner passes right through your body, causing the runs, or the ****s. providing your body with no nutrion and zero calories.

"man that steak isn't agreeing with me, looks like i'm having a zero calorie dinner tonight."

"i was on the can all night, had a nother zero calorie dinner."

:bigsmile:
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    gum

and I always forget my multivitamins
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    hopefully thuis doesn't offend anyone, but i thought today's urban word of the day is quite appropriate for this topic ;)

zero calorie dinner:

when your dinner passes right through your body, causing the runs, or the ****s. providing your body with no nutrion and zero calories.

"man that steak isn't agreeing with me, looks like i'm having a zero calorie dinner tonight."

"i was on the can all night, had a nother zero calorie dinner."

:bigsmile:

I always wondered abou that.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    It's good for me and I never add sugar/salt so I need to get out of the habit of thinking it's extra calories.

They ARE extra calories. You can't expect to eat endless amounts of fruit all day and expect there to be zero effect, but hey...whatever floats your boat...
  • 3bree375
    3bree375 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything I may of eaten after a few glasses of wine. :noway: :drinker:

Me either. Do those calories count?
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options

Grilled chicken, a reasonable piece of cheese and whole wheat toast is good for me, but if you don't log it, you are not going to properly log calories, fat, sodium, vitamins and fiber.

I log it all. I could eat 2 apples, 2 bananas and a bunch of veg, and that would be 1/4 of my calories for the day.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything I may of eaten after a few glasses of wine. :noway: :drinker:

Me either. Do those calories count?

Depends how much wine... You could possibly end up 're-tasting' that food on the way back up and therefore not digesting it!!
  • Real_Cool_Hand
    Options
    I agree with the negative aspect of not logging. Maybe its just a bit of something, but "just a bite" of a few thigns, and you're adding up. And skipping fruits probably isn't wise. A banana has 100 something calories in it, and there are carbs too. Just because they're clean calories doesn't mean you didn't eat them.
    I don't log chewing gum and crystal light or drinks under 10 cal. I usually only have one of those a day anyway, and I know I have burned calories not entered under cardio, so I don't think 10 calories will ruin anything.
  • prettytoxic
    prettytoxic Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Bloody hell I wish I'd never posted now =/
    It helps me get better by not counting my fruit and veg as calories.
    I barely eat as it is and not logging to 2 things that I know that I SHOULD be eating helps me.

I don't even know why I'm trying to explain myself but whatever
  • killagb
    Options
    Bloody hell I wish I'd never posted now =/
    It helps me get better by not counting my fruit and veg as calories.
    I barely eat as it is and not logging to 2 things that I know that I SHOULD be eating helps me.

I don't even know why I'm trying to explain myself but whatever

Like I said, whatever floats your boat...clearly you do it for a mental hurdle of sorts, I'm just pointing out that they aren't truly 'free' and not worth counting.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Some of you guys :grumble: need to lighten up and recognized a JOKE :laugh: when you see it.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Ironically that fortune in the fortune cookie said, "you may loose the little things, but you will gain the big things"
    Now How do I take that?
  • sesecat
    sesecat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I take my daily pills with a couple ounces of apple juice every night, never log it. But hey, I've lost 46 lbs in 4 months. I think I'm ok.
  • killagb
    Options
    Ironically that fortune in the fortune cookie said, "you may loose the little things, but you will gain the big things"
    Now How do I take that?

I believe proper protocol is to add "in bed" to the fortune you get.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I never log my meds, all total <50 cals, and I don't log herbs and spices. Really, how many calories are in basil or dill?
  • killagb
    Options
    I take my daily pills with a couple ounces of apple juice every night, never log it. But hey, I've lost 46 lbs in 4 months. I think I'm ok.

I guess it's really a matter of if you care about accuracy or not. I like to know my nutritional macro values as well, so it's not just about calories for me.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    my daughter always makes me eat one or two pieces of chex mix when she eats it and if i say no she gets upset n im not logging two lil chex mix pieces lol
  • jonbobfrog
    Options
    vegetables