Cabbage!

Options
I don't know if you like cabbage, but Wow is it a great diet food!

I just had 1/2 a head of chopped cabbage, fried in with two chopped up pieces of bacon and drippings, some soy and rice wine. It takes about 20 minutes on low to get soft and brownish-translucent, but then it tastes like the inside of an egg roll. Yum, yum! About 6 cups of food - I'm stuffed.

189 Calories. 5 g of fat.

I had to add a 1/2 cup of rice and a hard boiled egg to get the meal NEAR 400 where it needed to be.

Try it!

Replies

• Lemonaiding
    Lemonaiding Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cabbage! Thanks for the idea.
  • Good2be
    Options
    Very nice! Thank you for the tip! I will certainly try this.
  • chefchazz
    Options
    i fn love it!! im actually making some tomorrow. i cook it several ways but ill be making it w/ smoked turkey meat, onions and garlic. holy cow its FAB!!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    we love cabbages of all kinds! lately we've been on a nime chow (spring roll) kick. tonight we added shredded cabbage and carrot to the basic roll. a couple days ago we used bok choy.

about 10 days ago, we made "stewed cabbage soup" which was unbeatable the 2nd day.
  • MarandaPanda86
    Options
    Just be prepared for the gas lol. I LOVE cabbage though and will be trying this!
  • Saksgirl1
    Options
    sounds delish!!!!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I have a whole cabbage in the fridge! YUMMMMM!! I LOVE sauerkraut too! I will def try this! I have an awesome recipe with cabbage and rice ! Its called Spanish cabbage! YUMMMM!!
  • ewhitis
    ewhitis Posts: 132
    Options
    bump
  • jazzkat68
    jazzkat68 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yum!! Got to try this!
  • Nikki881
    Options
    Thanks, this sounds great!
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I LOVE CABBAGE!!! I have it w/ some kind of chicken sausage often... MMMMMM! Thanks for the recipe! :)
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    cabbage + egg = No one sleeping with you tonight!!!!A ;-) just kidding!

I LOVE cooked cabbage!!!! thanks for the new recipe!!!!
  • Keelia32
    Options
    Sounds good. I make a cabbage dish with boiled turkey sausage and cabbage. I will try your recipe soon.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    cabbage + egg = No one sleeping with you tonight!!!!A ;-) just kidding!

I LOVE cooked cabbage!!!! thanks for the new recipe!!!!

HAHA, I didn't think of that. :laugh:

Although the I got to thinking about this and did a little research online and apparently the bacon drippings aren't included in the info on the package panel. So I'll need to add another 100 Cal of fat to the meal. Still pretty good.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    yummy sounding!! I love cabbage, I have a head in my fridge right now that I was planning on stir frying
  • Barbaramax
    Barbaramax Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lynnspittal
    Options
    Cabbage is a brilliant friend to dieters! Use it instead of pasta in spag bol! Lightly saute it with carraway seeds and garlic salt with a spray of olive oil! Its the best for a side dish!!!
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. I bought cabbage to make veggie soup but this sounds even better.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i love cabbage.....i have it at least a couple times of week