Coffee that helps you lose weight...

Options
Hey, has anyone heard of this? http://www.slimminggreencoffee.com.au/

"Coffee Shape Slimming Green Coffee is a coffee drink, made from high quality green coffee beans and roasted coffee beans.

Simply start your day off by drinking 1 cup of Coffee Shape Slimming Green Coffee 15 to 30 minutes before your breakfast! It is convenient to add to your daily schedule.

The natural weight loss properties in green coffee may assist weight loss, in conjunction with a properly designed diet and exercise plan, by promoting the conversion of fat into energy."

Does it sound like a scam or do you think it might work? Has anyone tried it?

Replies

• BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Isn't a green coffee bean, a regular coffee bean that hasn't be processed yet?
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Any caffeinated coffee will have diuretic and appetite suppressing qualities. However, this happens because caffeine makes your body create and release adrenaline. Long term adrenaline release causes your body to experience stress, which increases cortisol production. Cortisol is known as the "stress hormone" and it makes your body store belly fat.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Any caffeinated coffee will have diuretic and appetite suppressing qualities. However, this happens because caffeine makes your body create and release adrenaline.
    Seen this stated "a million times" but have never seen any description of how much it impacts individuals. Yes, it's a diuretic but to what extent? Who is impacted by it? Etc.

I can't cite the source but I read a medical document (I have almost zero faith in blogs, Yahoo, etc.) that stated that, for people who drink coffee regularly (I don't have a definition of "regularly"), there is very little or no diuretic effect.

I'd love to read more about that aspect — facts, not opinions, that is.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I tried that before & the effect is just like a slimming tea. I frequent in the bathroom at first but after a week, I was constipated. Anything that has senna or any other laxative or diuretic ingredients are bad for both your weight & your colon.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Any caffeinated coffee will have diuretic and appetite suppressing qualities. However, this happens because caffeine makes your body create and release adrenaline. Long term adrenaline release causes your body to experience stress, which increases cortisol production. Cortisol is known as the "stress hormone" and it makes your body store belly fat.

I'm a regular coffee drinker, drink it twice a day & can't live a day without it. But it haven't changed the way my body responses especially in storing belly fat.
  • bigislandgrrl
    bigislandgrrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    green coffee is still processed (all coffee cherry must be processed to become bean), but I believe its different than your typical dry process (the oldest and longest used form )(and best IMO) for processing cherry.
  • myscheer
    Options
    coffee coffee coffee, mmm <3
  • myscheer
    Options
    http://livingsocial.com/deals/124505-six-week-coffee-weight-loss-course?msdc_id=906

heres a deal for it if anyones interested! discounted deal :)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i have this for sale too, if you are interested.
    brooklyn-bridge.jpg
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    caffeine has been proven to be beneficial to weight loss, the whole adrenal fatigue thing is overblown

as for green coffee bean, it is high in chlorogenic acids which is what is supposedly what is good for weight loss BUT...

Dark roast coffee is more effective than light roast coffee in reducing body weight, and in restoring red blood cell vitamin E and glutathione concentrations in healthy volunteers. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2011 Aug 2. doi: 10.1002/mnfr.201100248

Abstract
    Recent results from prospective cohort studies have shown that moderate coffee consumption is associated with a reduced risk for diabetes mellitus type II or Alzheimer's disease. Since reactive oxygen species (ROS) are believed to be involved in the pathogenesis of these diseases, antioxidants in coffee might contribute to this risk reduction. We aimed at elucidating whether a dark roast coffee beverage (CB) rich in N-methylpyridinium ions (NMP: 785 μmol/L) and low in chlorogenic acids (CGA: 523 μmol/L) has stronger antioxidant effects on human erythrocytes than a CB prepared from a light roast with opposite proportions (CGA: 4538 μmol/L; NMP: 56 μmol/L). Following a 2-wk wash out period, 500 mL of the respective CB was administered to 30 subjects daily for 4-wk. Blood and spot urine samples were collected at the beginning and at the end of each intervention. Intake of the dark roast CB most effectively improved the antioxidant status of erythrocytes: superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase activity decreased by 5.8 and 15%, respectively, whereas tocopherol and total glutathione concentrations increased by 41 and 14%, respectively. Furthermore, administration of the NMP-rich CB led to a significant body weight reduction in pre-obese subjects, whereas the CGA-rich CB did not.
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    http://livingsocial.com/deals/124505-six-week-coffee-weight-loss-course?msdc_id=906

heres a deal for it if anyones interested! discounted deal :)

hahaha! That's totally what peaked my interested! :tongue:

engineman312 - Thank you for your lovely sarcastic input. Totally appreciate being ridiculed when asking a question about a product. And FYI, no I did not have any intention of buying it, I was simply curious if anyone has and if they had success with it. It would be lovely if you got over yourself. thanks. :wink:

Acg67 - As always, thanks for your educated input. :smile:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Acg67 - As always, thanks for your educated input. :smile:

the only caution with the above study was there are multiple confounding factors at play, i did find it interesting that the high chlorogenic acid coffee group did not see a significant reduction in body weight, even with the confounding factors at play, hence why i thought it was relevant
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry, i couldn't help myself. i promise i'm not so bad in real life. however i feel like this is just another of those things that ppl say are soooooo much better then what they really are. i'm sure the green coffee is fine, in moderation.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Any caffeinated coffee will have diuretic and appetite suppressing qualities. However, this happens because caffeine makes your body create and release adrenaline.
    Seen this stated "a million times" but have never seen any description of how much it impacts individuals. Yes, it's a diuretic but to what extent? Who is impacted by it? Etc.

I can't cite the source but I read a medical document (I have almost zero faith in blogs, Yahoo, etc.) that stated that, for people who drink coffee regularly (I don't have a definition of "regularly"), there is very little or no diuretic effect.

I'd love to read more about that aspect — facts, not opinions, that is.

Caffeine is only a diuretic in high doses to someone who does not have a tolerance to caffeine. Anyone with a tolerance to it will not have any diuretic affect, and studies have not shown any actual link between caffeine consumption and dehydration.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    i have this for sale too, if you are interested.
    brooklyn-bridge.jpg

DUUUUUUDE! I've always wanted one of those! Will 3 cents be enough?