Peanut Butter Oatmeal

Options
stevwil41
stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
1/2 c quick cooking oats
1 tsp brown sugar
2 Tbs peanut butter
1/2-3/4 c water

Mix the oats, sugar and water in a bowl. Microwave 1 to 1 and 1/2 minutes and stir in peanut butter.

377 cal 37g carbs 20g fat 14g protein

This was great! I used regular Peter Pan peanut butter because it was what I had and it tasted like a warm peanut butter oatmeal cookie. Next time I may try 1 Tbs peanut butter and sprinkle a few mini chocolate chips over it or add some cinnamon. It was very filling and I've got way too many surplus calories today.

Replies

• staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • dcholliday2
    dcholliday2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    yum!!!! thanks for sharing!:smile:
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    awesome! We are big oatmeal eaters so i am going to try this tomorrow
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I used to eat this all the time! I would add raisins. tastes like a cookie. or even some jelly, sounds weird but I love PB & J sandwiches so why not!
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I used to eat this all the time! I would add raisins. tastes like a cookie. or even some jelly, sounds weird but I love PB & J sandwiches so why not!
  • BlessedHeart
    BlessedHeart Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Oh that sounds great! Thanks for sharing. Now I know what I'm having for tomorrow's breakfast! :smile:
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    hmmm will definetely try this!!
  • shack1157
    shack1157 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Is this breakfast in the MFP Database? If so what is it called! Thanks!
  • efarester
    Options
    I had something similar today - I cooked my oatmeal on the stove and used 1/2 cup of almond milk and 1/2 water as I cooked it. Then after it was cooked I added about 1.5 tbsp of peanut butter and a banana! I also poured a little more almond milk over the oatmeal. It was SUPER yummy!! :)
  • MandyMac2
    Options
    :smile: THanks for posting this! I was just wondering about making something like this for breakfast!
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow, I never thought about flavoring my oat meal with pb! I'm sure I'll love it! I'll probablyskip the brown sugar, though. Thanks for sharing!
  • stevwil41
    Options
    I modified it from a cookbook I borrowed from the library but didn't put it in the database. I've never done that but I may give it a shot in a bit.
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    YUM . . definitely going to try this tomorrow! Thanks for posting! :smile:
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    i just had peanut butter oatmeal for breakfast this morning!!
    only i use 1/2 tbsp of low sodium jif with my quaker cooked with water.
    its 198 calories & 1 gram of sugar & 20 grams sodium.
    a little more boring than yours, but i find less sugar sticks to my ribs longer! lol
    oatmeal is awesome & so versatile!!!

ps. its great with 1/2 a banana cut up in it too with the peanut butter!!!
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I tried that without brown sugar before. Being I am not a big oatmeal eater, I did not think it had enough sweetness. I will try it with the brown sugar though. Thanks for the post
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing! I also loike the variations that everyone makes to theirs too! Can't wait to try it!! Thanks for sharing!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I tried this yesterday and was surprised at how good it was!
    My quantities and calories vary a little bit:

1/3 cup rolled oats + 2/3 cup water, microwave for 1:30 mins
    Add 1/3 cup skim milk, microwave for 1:30 mins
    Stir in 1 teaspoon peanut butter.
    Add fruit - yesterday I added squashed up banana, today it was chopped apple plus a few blueberries. Yum!

My cals came out at 256 with a very small banana, 257 with 1/2 apple and 1/4 cup blueberries. A pretty low cal but delicious and filling breakfast!

I used 100% peanut butter (no added salt, sugar, oil), but once that's finished I will try it with my new favourite - almond, brazil, cashew spread.
  • stevwil41
    Options
    I hadn't thought about adding half a banana. I'm going to try that one after I make it to the store that is.
  • moonflower09
    moonflower09 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I made old fashioned oatmeal with milk this morning and swirled in a T. of Nutella when finished. YUMMMM!