Toddler's and Tiaras

Options
k2d4p
k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
I am wondering what everyone here thinks of this show? Is it cute? Terrible? Do you watch it?

My opinion: (coming from a parent of 2 boy toddlers) I have never seen an episode. I have only seen the previews they show on TLC and when ever the show makes the news, I see those images. At first, I simply despised the idea of the show. I thought the previews depicted horrible images of such young little girls. However, recently, I am completey discusted by it and cannot believe it is allowed on the air. There are so many horrible things like, waxing and spray tanning these 2 and 3 year olds, let alone the paint they call make-up. But, I saw a preview that showed one of the girls with a stuffed bra. I also saw on the news one dressed like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman (where she was a hooker.) The infamous skin tight short blue skirt clipped to a revealing whit top. Julia looked great (as an adult), this child looked awful. I hate to feel sorry for children, but this is sad.

I have talked to a couple women who say that not all pageants are like that. That show is a far extreme and most pageants are cute and fun. Maybe so, but this show is the one on television. I personally hope it gets taken off the air.

What do you all think?

Replies

• MarandaPanda86
    Options
    Not all child pageants are like that. That is pretty much the extreme of the extreme with crazy *kitten* parents to go with it. They have natural beauty pageants where no make up or hair pieces are allowed and normal kid clothes is required. Not that I agree with beauty pageants, but I think those are less damaging to a child's psyche and self esteem than full-on glitz pageants. Plus the host for Toddlers and Tiaras is such a freaky pedo. Ugh.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I HATE that show. It's a horrible influence on kids. Really, a 2 yr old prancing around dressed like a 40 yr old hooker with cakes of makeup???! Revolting!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Just awful...
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    This show is disgraceful. Another disgraceful show, for the same reason is Dance Moms (Lifetime, right after Project Runway). Little girls gyrating in revealing costumes, with the moms right there allowing it to go on. What the **** are these mothers thinking when they sign up for this???
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Terrible! I'm sure half the people on that show go even more over the top than usual because it gets them on TV.
    I hate to see those little girls exploited by their wannabe mammas.
    They ran one of those fancy shmancy pageants in Australia and the outcry was HUGE! Protests in the street, you name it.
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I work at a prison where we house about 500 pediphiles, I just asked 4 of my co- workers, 100% agreement, the show is disturbing. what else can you say?

Some people must like it or it would be off the air, I wonder who?
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I watched the show for awhile but finally had to quit because it is so disgusting. Let those little children be little children!!! And Dance Moms is another show I can't stand! I can't believe those parents would allow their children to dress and dance like strippers! They should be ashamed of themselves!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I HATE that show. It's a horrible influence on kids. Really, a 2 yr old prancing around dressed like a 40 yr old hooker with cakes of makeup???! Revolting!
    http://blogs.babycenter.com/celebrities/09142011-toddlers-tiaras-did-tlc-go-too-far-this-time/

not sure if u were referring to this o_o creepy either way