Ugh! Lost momentum & struggling to get back to it

Options
I did well over the summer, worked out most every day, stayed within my calorie limits and steadily lost lbs. Now, school has started, which means work has started back. Plus baseball, ballet, etc. for the kids. I rarely get to exercise any more. I'm exhausted and hungry all the time. I am way over my calories every day now, mostly because I don't have time to work out. The weight was staying put for the first couple of weeks, despite the crazy schedule, but it's catching up to me now. The scale has started creeping back up instead of creeping down. I am discouraged and frustrated with myself. I know I can do better. Ugh! Pray for me!

Replies

• Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you will soon get back into the swing of things.:flowerforyou:
  • gremogirl
    Options
    Remember to try to pack healthy snacks to eat during the day...this helps me a lot! Make exercise fun time....get a cup of coffee with you spouse/boyfriend/friend and take a walk....the kids can go along too...even if its only 30 minutes at least it is something :) Keep your chin up and focus on the good! Best of luck!
  • msjac23
    msjac23 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can do 10 mins of exercise at time, until you get to the amount you want. Walk a little it more. If you are taking you kid to baseball practice, walk up and down the bleachers while they practice. Just try to stay strong. I have go work out at 5 am a couple times a week to get in my five days of working out. I have to be at work at 8:00am.
  • leahleahleah77
    leahleahleah77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am in the EXACT same slump!!! It is incredibly frustrating! Last summer I did everything right...changed my eating habits, worked out as much as I could, and basically just stayed positive. I got through the school year thinking "This summer I will get back to it again!" and it NEVER happened!! I know what I need to do. I know I can do it. But for some reason I just can't get into it whole heartedly. I stray to the quick fatty foods and I'm easily persuaded (by my own brain) that watching a movie or taking a nap is a much better idea...but its not. Just know you aren't alone and I KNOW we will get out of this slump! I guess we need to be a little more forceful with ourselves...keep reminding ourselves that we can do it, we need to do it, and we will feel so much better in the end! Good luck!
  • Keebler125
    Options
    its not uncommon to loose focus every now and then.
    BUT - there is tomorrow and based on your comment here, you have decided to get focused again. i applaud you!

as for exercise. there are MANY ways that you can get your heart pumping besides going to the gym (yeah i like the gym better too).
    i dont know if you work or not, but there is probably a chance that you can walk (briskly) take the stairs, etc.
    if you have to, you can always look for a chiropractor or orthopedist in your area. most of them have gyms. and if you ask real nice most will allow you to use their facilities, while some will charge you. there are some that are free. (you have to sign a waiver and some require a deposit) but i suggest that you ask around. if finances are tight. look for the ones that will allow you to use the gym for free. if you work, maybe they have "friendships" with gyms or fitness clubs.

good luck
    and hang in there!
    K