Does anyone use a pedometor?

Options
I need to find out how many calories that I burned today. I googled it, then I found a webpage trying to sell pedometors? Nope that wasn't it. Then I found another place like MFP, not it either. So I will ask one of my own if they know? Thanks. I'm on my second wk here, so I am still finding my way.

S.W: 234~~~~~~~>C.W: 227~~~~~~~G.W: 145

Replies

• msjac23
    msjac23 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have a Body Bugg, it counts how many calories I burn, as well as, how many steps I take.
  • nikkizmom1962
    nikkizmom1962 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I use a fitbit keeps track of the steps and the calories...........it has really helped me to track my movement............
  • eddiegirll
    Options
    I know that would be nice, but I have the cheapest one & it only gives the steps. Of course it came with a chart, but it is long gone now! Thanks, I do have another one. I will have to look for it soon. Thanks.
  • eddiegirll
    Options
    I need a new one, that sure would be really nice to have the calories burned, n mileage too. I use to use one when I was working at Walmart. I got my steps in there!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    are you trying to figure out how many calories you burn during a normal day? because if you plan on logging them in as excersise calories, you shouldn't. the caloric intake MFP has given you should reflect your current regular lifestyle (i.e. when you don't work out).

in my opinion, most people think they are much more active then they are, and tend to under-estimate how much food they actually eat. you should change your activity level to one under what you probably think it is. just my $0.02.
  • eddiegirll
    Options
    Yes I am trying to figure out just 3107 calories burned, partial day! I would mark it down as leisurely walking. Thanks for your 2c's.

I agree somewhat about the amount of food ppl eat compared to the amount they write down. That is unless they actually measure it! And yes, some ppl are probably working hard at their activity level.
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This might be helpful- For slow walking (<3.5 mph) the body burns calories at a net rate of 0.77 calories per kg of body mass per mile. That corresponds to 35 calories per mile of slow walking for every 100 pounds of body weight. A 150 pound person will burn 53 calories per mile and a 200 pound person will burn 70 calories per mile.

Read more at Suite101: 10000 Steps to Healthy Weight Loss: The Caloric Requirements of Daily Walking for Health and Fitness | Suite101.com http://paul-a-heckert.suite101.com/10000-steps-to-healthy-weight-loss-a22829#ixzz1XzJ2hnR2
  • eddiegirll
    Options
    @ O2Bslimagain-thanks for the information. Math isn't my best quality, but I don't give up. There is still room to learn. Thanks!

How do you get the Ticker that has the calories deducting what you need to lose to your goal? I like that one!!
    :heart: