for those craving Starbucks Pumpkin Pie Spice Latte...

Options

Replies

• JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Those sign outside Starbucks advertising "The Pumpkin Spice Latte is BACK" have been haunting me for a week now. Even worse, I started grad school last week and a Starbucks is right near my school. This may just give me that little fix that I need! Thanks again!
  • birdielosingit
    birdielosingit Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Oh. My. Goodness.
    Thank you!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    bump
  • heatherzotigh
    Options
    Sounds yummalicious! gonna have to try it!
  • MistFit
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie Spice Latte:

Ingredients:

2 cups milk (i used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
    2 tablespoons of organic canned pumpkin
    2 tablespoons of sugar or sugar substitute (i used truvia and only used 1 tablespoon)
    2 tablespoons of vanilla extract (i just poured some in)
    1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice(i would use a little less...the ginger flavor was a little overpowering)
    1-2 shots of espresso(about 1/4 cup of espresso or 1/2 cup of really strong brewed coffee(this is what i did) if you dont have an espresso machine)

Directions:

in a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin, and sugar...cook on med. heat, stirring until steaming. remove from heat, stir in vanilla & spice, transfer to blender and process for 15sec. until foamy or if you dont have a blender just whisk really well with a wire whisk. if you use the vanilla unsweetened almond milk...its only about 140 calories for the whole thing! 8carbs, 2g protein, 5g sugars(from pumpkin & a little whipped cream-depending on how much you use could change that amount), 7g fat(from the almond milk) pour into a large mug or two mugs. add espresso or strong coffee on top.

***top with whipped cream and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg or cinnamon on top

OH YES... My Fav.....I WILL be making this tomorrow morning!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Bump, I can't find the canned pumpkin! Only pie filling
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options
    sounds good! a tall pumpkin spice light from starbucks is only 150 calories, deff worth it if you don't have time to make it yourself :-)
  • carstar835
    Options
    yum!
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    sounds good! a tall pumpkin spice light from starbucks is only 150 calories, deff worth it if you don't have time to make it yourself :-)

Oh weird, I haven't seen anything about this! Didn't know it existed!
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    bump
  • maryannmiclat
    maryannmiclat Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good. What I do when I make mine is I add pumpkin pie spice in my coffee grounds and let it brew that way. After its done I just add nonfat milk and a little splenda and BAM!!! I have a pumpkin spice "latte" with next to no calories since I don't like a lot of milk.
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    yum! thanks for sharing! so going to try this!
  • durangocal
    durangocal Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bump, I can't find the canned pumpkin! Only pie filling

None of my local stores have had pureed pumpkin only the pie mix. I've been looking for about two weeks now! I got a fresh pumpkin finally and steamed it and pureed the flesh myself yesterday!
  • laurad1406
    Options
    bump, thank you!
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing! This is exactly what I want this time of year!
  • whatshesaid
    whatshesaid Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    mmm...bump for later :)
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! You are my hero