Stonger, Better,Faster Jan. 7th

Options
Good morning! On the way out the door to my spin class, but just had to report in that the scales finally moved in the right direction!! Woo Hoo!! :drinker: Since I did that cardio kick class last night, I "slept in" this morning, and I'm just going to do the spin class without the usual weights this morning. I am interested to see how my "numbers" are this morning at the doctor's office. My cholesteral has been ok, but it is usually pretty good when I'm exercising, so I'm betting it has gone down. That's another reason I slept in an extra hour. Doing the fasting thing for the cholesteral test, so didn't want to pass out from nothing in my system this morning. I'll be curious to see how the spin does without having had anything first.

Hope everyone has a great day!!:flowerforyou:

Bobbie

Replies

• Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Good morning! On the way out the door to my spin class, but just had to report in that the scales finally moved in the right direction!! Woo Hoo!! :drinker: Since I did that cardio kick class last night, I "slept in" this morning, and I'm just going to do the spin class without the usual weights this morning. I am interested to see how my "numbers" are this morning at the doctor's office. My cholesteral has been ok, but it is usually pretty good when I'm exercising, so I'm betting it has gone down. That's another reason I slept in an extra hour. Doing the fasting thing for the cholesteral test, so didn't want to pass out from nothing in my system this morning. I'll be curious to see how the spin does without having had anything first.

Hope everyone has a great day!!:flowerforyou:

Bobbie
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    I've heard it's acutally better to work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I guess it gets your metabolism going faster. I personally cannot work out on an empty stomach. My blood sugar drops and I get nauseus. Good luck today at the dr. office!:happy:
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I usually have juice with a "Greens to Go" pack, or I have a protein drink before my morning workout. Then I have breakfast when I get home. We actually had a shorter spin class today because the instructor's alarm didn't go off. Fortunately, one of the other instructors was close by and stepped in for her. He is awesome. Always ready to help out in a pinch. I'm glad my appointment is early, because I am hungry now! :tongue:

Bobbie
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

So today is day 4 of trying to get back on track! Between skipping workouts or only working out for 15 mins I haven't been able to stay within my calories to save my life. Ok...I could of...but for some reason I have felt the need to pig out every night! I do good...then it hits like a brick and I'm a couple hundred calories over!

I WILL stick to my calories today!
    I WILL not go over by even 1 calorie!
    I WILL not say I can have just one more bite!
    I WILL workout no matter how crappy I feel!
    I WILL DO IT!

Ok...off for breakfast and to study!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Bobbie, I hope you get good news at the Dr.'s! Don't pig out when you can finally eat. lol
    Renae, I hear you about doing well then pigging out. I did that last night and went over a couple hundred cals. I'm not sweating it though. It's still better than I have been doing the last month and a half! It's just that I made a really good tasting dinner (when I thought we had nothing in the house) and I didn't want to stop eating! It really was not healthy, as we are out of food but it was good!
    I am struggling today and it's early. My emotions are up and anything doing with babies makes me mad or want to cry. Today is another busy day, so I don't have time to feel sorry for myself or to have a good cry. Maybe tomorrow after grocery shopping. lol.
    I am not feeling social at all but today is Alex's therapy then I have to come home and clean more because we have friends coming over with three little ones and I haven't seen them in a year. I don't understand how I have been cleaning and cleaning but the house doesn't look any different! Hubby didn't notice and usually he does. And then we have church tonight. I haven't been in two months and wish I could say I was looking forward to it, but my emotions are not. I have to face the people some time.
    So today's goals:
    Make it through without losing it
    Alex's therapy
    cleaning
    sit ups/push ups
    drink water
    a walk if I have time
    church
    Thanks for letting me vent. I'll be alright. Just don't mention babies in this thread. lol
    Have a good day!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Today (or tonight, rather) I'm doing yoga, probably at home after work. Still feeling pretty run down today. . .you know how when you're not "sick" per se, but you feel crappy? That's me. Ear still hurts, but much better today. I think I just have some sort of low-grade infection/virus or something or other. . .bleeargh.

Take care of yourselves. . .:flowerforyou:

Oh, and Mary. . .I did watch the Oprah on Monday. I thought she was really honest and open. It's amazing, though that one of the most powerful/successful women on the planet thinks she's a failure because she has problems with her eating. It resonated with me a lot, though. . .especially the idea of "put yourself on your own calendar". . .which is something I've been forgetting lately. I tivo'ed the thing with Dr. Oz, but it looked a little bit like a repeat of the same "don't eat refined carbs or HFCS" talk he always seems to give. . .
  • petrushka
    Options
    I went to boot camp this morning at 6:30! I didn't think that I would make it through the whole thing, but I did! Yay! Tonight after work, I plan to take a brisk walk (4 mph) around the neighborhood. Boot camp was great - we were outside at a local park. The weather's been wonderful, but today it will rain and tonight some cooler temperatures will finally move in to our area. Today's goals are to drink my water, be productive at work, walk after work, and finally take down my Christmas tree! :laugh: ~Pati
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    V - I tried to watch the Dr. Oz one at the gym, but the closed captioning was messed up - but, yeah, more of the same stuff. Funny thing is, I think Oprah looks fine - a little stressed, but her body looks good to me.

Mickie - I've never heard that it's good to exercise on an empty stomach in the morning. Everything I've read says to eat breakfast - and have a little something before working out - though I know some people have a hard time doing this. My father went to a dietician once - he was crashing in the afternoons - she told him to have something before he worked out and it solved the afternoon slump - all he has is a glass of OJ and a banana.

Yesterday - did well - 3 miles walk/jog, 40 min elliptical, then a 30 minute walk with husband. I've been tossing this idea around in my head - how long could I walk in one day? We'll have to see if I ever have time to test it. Today is weights class (YEAH, finally!), bike ride errand, and yoga.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    MM,

I just read your whole post. Is there a time you can pencil "lose it" into your calendar? I know that if I don't give myself time to cry, I end up crying at the grocery store or something.

I'm not kidding. Make sure you give yourself some time to feel your emotions, okay? Thinking of you. . .:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    V, I will try to find some time to lose it. I probably need to. I was thinking Friday morning but Bible Study is starting back up again. Maybe tomorrow afternoon. Sounds silly that I need to schedule a time to cry. lol. Whatever works I guess. I'd better get busy! I've got three hours to clean, do my push/sit ups and shower and all that! Yikes!
    MM
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I am sore - we had a substitute instructor at aerobics tonight and she was just painful. Usually it's some sort of routine to music and fun, but this was just loud music and doing the same painful thing over and over and over! When my HR hit 170 I just said whatever. And then she went into what she called the 'dance' section, but it was really just a bunch of random walking across the room and occasional booty shaking. A bunch of folks (including the only 2 guys) walked out because they were just too uncomfortable! I sure hope she isn't there next week - the regular instructor is so much more fun and gives a much more balanced workout.

MM - I agree with V completely. You need to give yourself time and permission to feel whatever you're feeling. Good luck 'facing people'... :heart:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Today was a total loss. I got back from my Mom's late yesterday. I don't find out anything about the biopsy until the 13th. So I tend to drink caffeine at my mom's coupled with little sleep and crappy food, I needed today collapse and reenergize. Well tomorrow will be my moment of truth, I am getting on the scale and starting again. I know I've gained alot, from emotional eating and from holiday eating. Hubby is going to go out walking with me and i need any motivation I can get at this point. See ya tomorrow.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make it!!!!!! I lowered my goal again to 1/2 pound a week because I was binging so bad and low on energy. Now I'm feeling good!!! It's 7:30pm and I still have 6 mini corn dogs with ketchup and an extra 20 calories I'm not going to eat! This is the first time in three weeks I haven't gone over my calories!!! :drinker:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: everyone hang in there! This is the halfway point for making something a habit (3 weeks)... you can do it!

I had a great workout last night & today on my gazelle. My butt is actually killing me which never happens.

Keep up the good work!
    Arianne
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a job. 3km this time. Was 5C. I felt great! I also have not went over my cals at all. Even better! Since January 1st I have been doing good with my cal intake... I was starting to go downhill and then I got sick and that tuned me in quite well. Feeling great about today and this year. I have finally got it!