What are some most satifying, low calorie snacks?

Options
2»

Replies

• _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    100 calorie SmartPop Popcorn.

Any kind of popcorn for that matter
  • cj411
    Options
    I usually have a carrot or two. Your jaws get a workout, so you actually burn a few calories just chewing the stuff (lol) and they have a bit of sweetness to them so it helps me with my sugar cravings. I usually cut up the larger ones and soak the sticks in ice water with some stevia or splenda (one sachet is enough) because they can be a bit blander, but young carrots are naturally sweet.

When all else fails, try oats. You dont just have to eat them for breakfast. 25g of quick oats with some water, and microwave it. When it is done you can add some sugar free applesauce, or a dollop of low fat yoghurt, or half a banana (mashed) or other fruits and you've got a mini-meal for under 150 calories. Oats are low GI, and really fill you up.
  • tails86
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for all the great suggestions :)
  • jellycar
    Options
    I slather a rice cake with hummus and then top it wih either sprouts, arugula, or cucumber slices!

YUMMY!! Thanks for the idea!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I snack on cucumber slices - 1 cup is only 16 calories.....satisfies the crunch craving.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I got hooked on these: Special K cracker crisps in Sour cream and onion flavor. 27 crisps (about the size a regular potato chip) is only 90 calories.

Those are really good! They remind me of Munchos. :)

My current fave snack is Colby's cinnamon sugar sensation popcorn. It is kettle popped with no salt and then dusted in cinnamon & sugar. One serving is 28 grams, about a sandwich baggie full, and is only 52 calories. You could eat a LOT for 100 cals.