cant loose weight

Options
please help i am staying in my calories but cxannot seem to shift any weight i have started drinking water on a regular basis althiugh i dont do much exercise i do alot of walking please give me some advice

Replies

• marydave
    Options
    please help i am staying in my calories but cxannot seem to shift any weight i have started drinking water on a regular basis althiugh i dont do much exercise i do alot of walking please give me some advice
  • kazzit
    kazzit Posts: 113
    Options
    hysorry about that post i wasnt logged into my account forgot to change so it wasnt marydave it was kazzit
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    How long have you been trying? Are you exercising? This doesn't happen overnight. You should give this at least a month to start seeing results. Try increasing the amount of exercise you do, or reassess your caloric intake. Perhaps you should see a doctor to discuss what is going on.
  • kazzit
    kazzit Posts: 113
    Options
    hy i do exrcise but not in a gym as got 6 kids i do alotof walking my calorie intake was worked out at 1200 ,maybe im just bein inpatient im going to keep at it and hopefully will see the results
  • rialynn79
    Options
    Patience is so hard, especially when we feel like we're doing great. I can totally relate to that! 8 - 8 oz glasses of water a day plus atleast 30 minutes of moving is what I keep finding online. But lots of sites say to get yourself sweating and then count 30 minutes because that's when the high calorie burn occurs. ??

If you find out anything - will you post it?

Best Wishes! We have to think positive! The weight is coming off or we're building muscle!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Drink your water,
    exercise,
    eat healthy
    be patient.

Make sure you aren't going below the 1200 calories.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Patience is so hard, especially when we feel like we're doing great. I can totally relate to that! 8 - 8 oz glasses of water a day plus atleast 30 minutes of moving is what I keep finding online. But lots of sites say to get yourself sweating and then count 30 minutes because that's when the high calorie burn occurs. ??

If you find out anything - will you post it?

Best Wishes! We have to think positive! The weight is coming off or we're building muscle!

I totally agree with being patient, drinking LOTS of water, and getting some exercise.
    I'm sure you'll get plenty of opinions on exercise, but, in my own case, I'd just like to say that I HATE sweating, lol, so my ways of exercising are to walk when the weather cooperates, and to also dance to a fast oldies CD. It's fun, never dependent on the weather, and I even watch tv at the same time, so, it's never boring!
    The biggest trick to losing I think, is to just work with your daily numbers. Once I started being more aware of WHAT I was putting in my mouth and started making some changes (healthier foods, smaller portions) the weight just steadily started to come off.
    Slow and steady eventually wins the race! :smile:
  • rialynn79
    Options
    Have you done measurements at all? Maybe you're not losing weight but losing inches?