walk across the country/state/world/etc

Options
I've seen blog posts here and elsewhere about people tracking their miles with virtual walks (from across town to across the country). Does anyone know of an app or a site that helps you do that? Ideally, here's what I want to do:

1 - put in my start & end address (better yet if I can put in multiple address to help set the route)
2 - log in daily to enter my milage, and the site would put a pinpoint on the route for where I am on my journey.

If it works with google maps, great. if it works with bing or mapquest that works, too.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I want a site like this too!
  • eveydunton
    eveydunton Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    http://www.endomondo.com/home

Is a good site that you can do all sorts of recoring with, there is an app as well.

Enjoy
  • efwolfcub
    efwolfcub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately it doesn't look like endomondo would work - I want to be able to put in mileage from walking at work or on a treadmill too. Looks like endomondo just works with GPS data.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    MapMyRide will let you map you're own route and come back later and update it. It shows you the number of miles real time so if you know how many miles you want to add you could just keep adding to the route each day. Not exactly what it was intended to do but it would work.