I want to try eating clean

I am wanting to get into eating clean. I've done pretty well the last two months but I feel like its time to kick it up a notch. I also know that I won't get the results I am wanting with my diet the way it is now. So how does a processed food junkie take the dive into eating clean? Any tips you care to share or good resources you can point me to? Thanks!

I should probably add that I can't cook well so this will be a challenge!

Replies

• digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    I order my meat from a local farm that grass feeds and finishes their livestock. Lots of options here: http://www.localharvest.org/
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    you pretty much have to cook and prepare every meal ahead of time. i'm not 100% sure what you mean by "clean" but you can pick up some healthy eating cook books and just start doing what you can to eat a little better.

and as far as kicking it up a notch... BAM!!!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    From one junk food lover to another, I feel your pain. I experienced this pain with yo yo dieting for years and years. I could never achieve my goals because of my love for pizza, ice cream, etc, etc. The last few years I have spent researching/reading anything I could find on the human body and how it works.

Long story short, I eat lots of junkfood and I am in by far, the best shape and best health of my life and I continue to improve. Don't believe the lie that you have to eat clean to be lean, strong, and healthy.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    i think eating clean is over rated. i tried it back at the beginning of summer..so i can try to do a 'clean bulk'. ya, well i lost strength and energy. I was very fatigued all the time. and i couldnt eat enough calories.

so..that being said..that is just my personal experience with it. others say they have the opposite..more energy etc.
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    From one junk food lover to another, I feel your pain. I experienced this pain with yo yo dieting for years and years. I could never achieve my goals because of my love for pizza, ice cream, etc, etc. The last few years I have spent researching/reading anything I could find on the human body and how it works.

Long story short, I eat lots of junkfood and I am in by far, the best shape and best health of my life and I continue to improve. Don't believe the lie that you have to eat clean to be lean, strong, and healthy.

While some body's work fine under this pretense, the most recent studies show that even if you look and feel good, you will likely not live as long on this kind of diet. You can look and feel good and still get all the high blood sugar diseases, not to mention heart disease.
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Stop buying ready meals, use your recipe book or the recipes available online and make it a project to cook from scratch. Don't get those processed foods in. Eat loads more fruit and veg. You'll feel so good! I do!