First Five Pounds.

Options
I've lost my first five pounds ... in less than a week ... which kind of scares me because I am afraid of all this progress dropping off and just coming to a halt.

Any suggestions as to make sure this doesn't happen? I work out at least 30 minutes a day / 6 days a week and I a wondering if bumping up to an hour a day would be better insurance as to loosing weight. Got any ideas for me?!

Replies

• candiandi
    Options
    I've lost my first five pounds ... in less than a week ... which kind of scares me because I am afraid of all this progress dropping off and just coming to a halt.

Any suggestions as to make sure this doesn't happen? I work out at least 30 minutes a day / 6 days a week and I a wondering if bumping up to an hour a day would be better insurance as to loosing weight. Got any ideas for me?!
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I lost 6 this week, my first 6. It's mostly water weight at first. I worked super hard on the exercise bike and watched my salt. It will taper off once you get rid of the water and start burning fat. But that 2 pounds is gonna look a lot better than this 5 or 6.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    You'll find that your first few weeks here will be your biggest losses, and then yes, it will slow down. I don't know how many weeks I either stayed the same, or just lost one. You've just gotta stick with it though, like I did, and eventually, you WILL lose all the weight that you want to!
    Just keep watching your numbers, (I ALWAYS recommend logging all your foods if at all possible BEFORE you have them, rather than after!) drink LOTS of water, get some exercise, and I promise, it WILL happen!
    Slow and steady wins the race!!! :smile:
  • jessbblonde
    jessbblonde Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I lost 5 this week too. and yup all water. I was peeing every hour. so don't worry you keep doing what your doing and it will come off a pound or 2 at a time. but you will have weeks that your body needs to adj and will not lose anything.10501.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options

Just be sure to change up your routine a little every 4 weeks or so, otherwise your body will just get used to what you are doing and keep a variety of foods in your diet. Good to change up what you eat, trick your body with different foods and exercises.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Great job on the loss!:drinker: I cant really add anything besides whats already been said here, except maybe to make sure you dont overdo it. Give your body the time it needs to rest. Your body will let you know when it needs it:flowerforyou: Best of luck to you!:heart:
    ~Roni