Did you know that WOMEN can drink beer too?

Options
Hey ladies, have you ever felt left out at the bar? All the guys are drinking their strong, man beer and you just don't have the right genitals to drink one too. Where is the beer for YOU? With a picture of a puppy playing with a unicorn, you know, something in pink that really appeals to a woman? Well, look no further:

https://www.facebook.com/ChickBrewing

Really? A beer for women? I've spent the past 5 minutes being sarcastic about this, so I'll just be straight up here and say that this is patronising bull.

Replies

• wozzy38
    wozzy38 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Ha Ha I thought you were serious for a second..I have no problem drinking beer lol :)
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Exactly! You don't need it to be in pink packaging.

I had a beer last night. It was a lovely Innis & Gunn blonde and it was 110 cals. I had no problem drinking it, even though there was not a shred of pink on the label.

The font is offensive enough in itself.
  • kungfurockchick
    Options
    Abbeydale Absolution!.............nomnomnomnomnom :D
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    i feel so awkward ordering PBR at a bar, or picking up a pack of MGD (i'm really cheap ok)- i'm glad to know there's finally a beer for me and my omg soooooo cute pinky girlishness teehee!
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i feel so awkward ordering PBR at a bar, or picking up a pack of MGD (i'm really cheap ok)- i'm glad to know there's finally a beer for me and my omg soooooo cute pinky girlishness teehee!

nothing wrong with a PBR! hell they are lik 1.50 for the double pounder! and really on the grand scheme of things doesn't taste that bad in comparison to like darn near any BUD product!

ROCK ON!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with normal beer for woman =S
    I always use to play poker with the guys and have a couple of beers!
    Although it doesnt get me very drunk..
    I prefer vodka!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    yes it is..

my favorite beers are blue moon and sam adams. i also love some local brewers....highland, asheville brewing comp
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    Options
    I prefer vodka!

Exactly!! Why does it need to be 'for women'. What is it about regular beer that ISN'T for women? You don't need to slap a pink label on it to make it appeal to women. Women drink beer without that marketing crap.
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i've become such a beer snob. my and the fiance go to beer tastings all the time.

I'm in love LOVE LOVE LOVE with all the pumpkin beers that are out or coming out now. I found an amazing organic pumpkin ale sooooo tasty!

Wolaver's Organic Pumpkin Ale
  • Helice
    Options
    I prefer vodka!

Exactly!! Why does it need to be 'for women'. What is it about regular beer that ISN'T for women? You don't need to slap a pink label on it to make it appeal to women. Women drink beer without that marketing crap.

Im confused.
    Are you saying we dont like to drink normal beer out of a can?
    Or we dont like to drink beer that has been specificaly made for girls?
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    Options
    Nooo, my first post was sarcasm.

I'm just saying that I think it's stupid that someone has decided to market "beer for women" when women are fine with drinking regular beer.
  • Helice
    Options
    I'd prefer to drink regular beer!!
    I dont like the idea of it becoming a sexist thing where women are expected to by these "feminine" beers instead of normal ones!
    Pluss if you get in a fight, ripping the cans creates an amazing weapon!

This is what they where like with yorkies!
    They made galaxy smooth for woman, which i hate!
    It tastes weird.
    Then they made this big blocks of chocolate and i was like *-* Wow!!
    And my bf was like arnt meant to like these..
    and i was like whats one of the things girls like the most in the world.. chocolate.
    and whats better than a massive chunk of it!!
    This should of been directed and chocolate freaks like us..
    not guys that dont really care if there shoveling a handful of small pieces, or a handful of big pieces..
    I think they got their marketing campaign completely wrong!!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Oh dear lord. Really?

Personally I'm not a fan of beer at all (more of a cider girl), but loads of my female friends drink beer and I can guarantee that none of them would be seen dead drinking this. What a load of patronising crap! And the packaging is bloody hideous.
  • edonald774
    edonald774 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm a real ale girl and I have no problem admitting it!!
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    Options
    Real Ale is where it's at!

I'm glad we all agree this is ridiculous. Apparently it was on the TV in the US today. The FB page looks pretty positive too.
  • nattiepeach
    nattiepeach Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I LOVE beer, especially in a big plastic cup at a festival. Its so good and it gets me wasted, and a really nice type of wasted. Beer is the business. I heard that light beer has less cals but the same amount of alcohol, anyone know if that's true?
  • nattiepeach
    nattiepeach Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    PS is it weird that I find beer breath to be one of the most attractive things on a guy? When my bf drinks beer I just wana pounce him lol
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    Options
    PS is it weird that I find beer breath to be one of the most attractive things on a guy? When my bf drinks beer I just wana pounce him lol

Hahaha! Different strokes eh? ;)
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I brew my own beer. I drink it just fine as well:)
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    lol whatever..pink beer..I'll put that with the set of pink tools just for women.

I love Sam Adems cherry wheat and Blue Moon, and Kirin beers...probably like others but haven't had a lot of time to try out others. more of a whiskey girl anyway.