What to eat at the cinema!

Options
I am off to the cinema with a friend and want to avoid high calorie snacking - intending to take a diet coke but what UK food can I munch on that's nice and not calorific

Replies

• TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    nothing lol.. maybe licorice
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Pickles... But they're high sodium...
  • CurlyClare78
    Options
    Sneak some grapes in with you!
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    i usually want to eat loads as soon as i step into a cinema, try a water or diet soda

then i will buy 2 or 3 80-100 cal packs of crisps, so im not going over 300 cals, but still feel like im having a lot of nice things

or bring a very small measure of peanuts, premeasure them before you go so you know exactly how much you are eating, otherwise the sweets/chocolate in the cinema can ruin your whole week :drinker:

edited to say: i also try to walk more or keep those 300 cals within my cals for the day, so im not ruining all my hard work :flowerforyou:
  • mazza2marilyn
    Options
    why do you need to eat, just watch the film.
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Can you get one of those dip packs? you know with the chopped veggies and the little tub of humous, ive seen them but cant remember where!

take a premade wrap chopped up?

Bits of precooked chicken, maybe flavoured.

Mikado chocolate sticks are only 11 cals each.

dried fruit?

x
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    buy some weight watchers treats from the supermarket and sneak them in cos they are really yummy and low in calories
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    eat before you go and take a bottle of water to sip on!
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I wouldn't eat anything - sitting in the dark watching a long film is the perfect setting for mindless overeating if you're not careful.

If you have to take something then only take a small amount of fruits and veggies or something.

A film isn't worth losing a meal over.
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options

who goes to watch a film and dosent eat anything lol
  • martybeany
    Options
    no need to eat, just enjoy the film
  • JujiBean
    Options

My thoughts, exactly!
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    When I go to the cinema I take a bag with grapes & cut up carrot & if I have had a good day some almonds & raisins in too
    My kids think this is hilarious but it works as it lasts a long time
    Hope you have a great time
    :smile:
  • Incunabulum
    Options
    I eat before I go to a movie, so I don't really need for munchies when I'm in my seat. Sometimes I get a hot dog for old times' sake. I usually drink water, very rarely a soda, but I prefer to not drink anything since it gets uncomfortable if I feel the need to use the loo during a movie. If it's a horrible movie, I don't have an issue moving from my seat, but I haven't seen too many of those lately :)
  • laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    YES......eat before you go, and I chew gum (but no pop'n) LOL!!!
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Just have the diet coke, cinema food is expensive!
  • CrimsonHellkite
    Options
    one of the perks of having a girlfriend with a big purse is you can smuggle in banana chips and and fruits and diet soda....its bad enough its 15$ a person to SEE the movie but 20$ for popcorn and soda is rediculous...
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the above - best to get out of the habit of eating at the cinema, or to take vegetable sticks if you want to munch. But if half the fun of the cinema for you is the nibbles and you will be craving popcorn, take your own air-popped, unbuttered popcorn from home. A little salt or a sprinkling of dried herbs, spices or garlic, or just a little icing sugar adds flavour.
  • EllioSho
    EllioSho Posts: 1 Member
    Options

who goes to watch a film and dosent eat anything lol

i do !!!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    pop your own corn and add some salt. I did this for the kids the other day when I realised how many cals were in the popcorn. They loved it!