New Purple Challenge........

Options
I did so great with the salt challenge, I'm gonna keep it this week too. I feel like I still have a lot of water weight to shed, plus it's gonna be that time of the month.
My challenge to myself this week is to find a local buddy. I don't want to hit a wall. I want to keep going. I think someone who can call me up and say "Drop that cookie!" is exactly what it's gonna take.
I also look forward to any challenges that come along from you guys.....I tried to keep up with the squats but I think I got lost somewhere in there. I need something that targets the tummy. Any suggestions?

Replies

• TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I did so great with the salt challenge, I'm gonna keep it this week too. I feel like I still have a lot of water weight to shed, plus it's gonna be that time of the month.
    My challenge to myself this week is to find a local buddy. I don't want to hit a wall. I want to keep going. I think someone who can call me up and say "Drop that cookie!" is exactly what it's gonna take.
    I also look forward to any challenges that come along from you guys.....I tried to keep up with the squats but I think I got lost somewhere in there. I need something that targets the tummy. Any suggestions?
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    bumping cuz i dont think anybody was awake yet!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Lying straight leg raises
    Crunches
    Reverse crunches
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    You could check this site otu too for more help:
    http://www.thefitmap.co.uk/exercise/tools/videos/abdominal-exercises.htm
  • suprjewels
    Options
    Make sure when you do all of our challenges and your bike that your stomach muscles stay tight. Pretend you are trying to get your belly button to meet your back bone! That is one you don't have to add just pay attention to. Hope it helps!!
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    my bike forces me to sit like that from the way the seat is angled. i noticed that the first time i used it.
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    my bike forces me to sit like that from the way the seat is angled. i noticed that the first time i used it.

Mine does that too, I have to place a cushion on the seat - too uncomfortable, and I end up with saddle sores :blushing: :laugh:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Good morning Jackie!! How is everything today??
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Good morning Jackie!! How is everything today??

Everythings fine thanks Renae, how's things with you?

I'm just taknig a short break before returning to work, been doing crunches, reverse crunches, side stretches, and am just about to get on my bike, then I'm hoping to convince my son to carry my gaselle in from the summer house :happy: - too cold for me to go otu there today and I haven't got time to put heating on out there and wait for it to warm up :grumble:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    I did 27 mins on the bike and 10 mins on the gazelle, off to work now, chat to you all later :flowerforyou:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    You are doing great Jackie! Keep up the good work!
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    You are doing great Jackie! Keep up the good work!

Thanks Renae :drinker: I can't let the side down can I :drinker: :drinker:
    Got home from work just now, using my mini bike whilst dinner is cooking - I've chosen a chicken burger with wholemeal bread roll & salad for my dinner :bigsmile:
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    My husband is finally getting on board with what I can and can't eat. He's trying to work the meals around it. I think that will really help out. I don't have a problem getting exercise. I'm doing great with that. But I'm still caving in about every 3 days and eating whatever he cooks. So now with him being more conscious, it'll help me.
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    My husband is finally getting on board with what I can and can't eat. He's trying to work the meals around it. I think that will really help out. I don't have a problem getting exercise. I'm doing great with that. But I'm still caving in about every 3 days and eating whatever he cooks. So now with him being more conscious, it'll help me.

Oh that's great TRLTAMPA, it helps soooo much when DH gets to grips with it, mine used to have all the fried, fatty foods, he now comprompromises, for instance, tonight he had oven cooked chips instead of deep fried, 2 mini bruchetta pizza instead of deep pan, and a side salad :drinker: