steel cut oats

Options
alf1163
alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
Good morning!! I prepared steel cut oats last night first by soaking 1 cup in 4 cups of boiled water overnight. It yielded a lot!!! I then cooked this morning 1 cup out of that in 1/2 cup of skim milk. These are oats I bought from a bulk bin so I don't know the calorie content. There are some in the database but is that cooked or before cooking it? Please help!!!! Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• alf1163
    Options
    Good morning!! I prepared steel cut oats last night first by soaking 1 cup in 4 cups of boiled water overnight. It yielded a lot!!! I then cooked this morning 1 cup out of that in 1/2 cup of skim milk. These are oats I bought from a bulk bin so I don't know the calorie content. There are some in the database but is that cooked or before cooking it? Please help!!!! Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    :cry: :cry: :cry: No one answered my post...oh well, I will just estimate the amount of calories...anyways, it was soooooo yummy!!! I added blueberries, walnuts and a little packet of splenda to it. :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats according to the ones that I buy are... (Hodgson Mill brand)

150 cals, 2.5g fat, 27g carb, 4g fiber, 5g protein. (and I just looked in the database, and it has it listed for the dry ingredients).

I usually make a whole cup of them (4 dry servings).

Serving size is 1/4 c. dry which is about 1/2 c. cooked. HTH!! They are yummy, my kids love it too!