Starting Today at 224 lb!

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Matt, I'm 20, 6ft 2' and I'm from London.

I'll be going back to University in 2 weeks and I'm determined to lose weight and start looking and feeling great.

I want to lose 3 stone (42 pounds) as quick as possible, can anyone recommend me any good dieting and gym advice as I am a complete moron when it comes to it lol.

I want to start chatting to some people in similar circumstances to me so feel free to add me and we can keep up on each others progress.

Good luck to all you other weight lossers!

Replies

• lulupallooza
    lulupallooza Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!!! :-)

You can do it!
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Hi Matt! Feel free to add me. I also have a great support group if you're interested.

Set your MFP to losing 1 or 2lbs a week. If you set it to 1lb, you may be pleasantly surprised :) The first few weeks are when you tend to lose the most. 42lbs will likely take a few months.
  • LisaLove240786
    LisaLove240786 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Matt, good luck to you, hope you get the results you want. Feel free to add me as a friend for extra encouragement :)
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi good luck to you, I've lost 2 stone so far and aim to loose another 2 or 4 not sure yet, I've lost mine just by eating less but more healthy food and I do alot of walking feel free to add me for help and support
  • Dandersonjr32
    Options
    Strength training buddy. Get in the gym and SMASH those weights. Turn your unwanted weight into muscle and let the muscle burn the rest of the fat off.

Do a STRENGTH training regiment. If you want one, friend me and I'll send a great one to you.
  • eaglemonster
    eaglemonster Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I started at the same weight although only 5'7''.
    Good luck on your journey, enjoy MFP.