What do you like about this site aside from getting fit?

Options
For me this are:

1. I get to meet new people
2. I learn more on other people's cultures. While I also learn cultures thru making friends in facebook or in my MSN but honestly I find people here more respectable.
3. I learn new terms or words such as stone (a unit of measurement), WTG (way to go), NSV (non-scale victory), exercise calories (amount of calories burned during exercise). I may sound weird but I'm really not used to terms & word initials like this before so thanks to MFP.
4. I learn to express myself without getting intimidated as people here are awesome, very supportive & understanding
5. It helps me to improve my English skills especially in expressing myself (Well at least in writing but I hope someday I can speak it better too.) Unfortunately even if I live & study English in Philippines, I do not have opportunity to practice it with my family & friends who I speak in Spanish or Tagalog.
6. I learn to be more disciplined as this site makes me accountable for what I eat & exercise
7. Learn to appreciate every small victory that comes
8. The inspiring stories & advices that I get that make me keep going & not to give up

Replies

• tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I like meeting new people too. And of course having people to challenge me can only help my weight loss efforts. Glad you are enjoying the site!
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I feel like the friendships you build on here are genuine and nice! I like connecting with other people from all different walks of life!
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    Options
    booty thurs and cleavage tues

and my friends
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Fantastic topic:

The relationships/friendships I have developed with quite a few people on my friends list.

The fact that I can be myself on here and not censor myself like I do on facebook. Facebook is a big tool in Real Estate and half of my friends are people I work with.

The confidence I have gained from others. I would have never have been brave enough to post a picture of myself in a bra and underwear without the support and encouragement of my friends on here! They keep me going everyday-every update and every status. I have the BEST MFP friends! :love:
  • tkb1985
    tkb1985 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Your English writing is fantastic. I'd love to be multilingual!

I love so much about this site, but mainly I find the best things to be:

1. The people - everyone here seems to be so understanding, helpful and accepting. It's a wonderful community.
    2. The ease - I've never managed to stick to a diet, and making a lifestyle change sounded so daunting, until you realise it makes so much more sense. Being able to log everything you eat, with such a huge database, makes the journey so easy!
    3. The accountability - I love that it's entirely up to me what I eat / how much exercise I do. It helps keep me motivated that I can't just blame 'the diet', If i want to lose weight, all I have to do is be honest with myself.

Thank you for an awesome post. x
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    I didn't know you were in the Phillipines Ms. Bonita! I like this site because the people are GREAT! Very supportive and great motivation. Which I need. I also like to meet people on here that are going thru the same weight loss/gain issues that I am. I believe I have the biggest connection to the people on this site more than any other site I've come across.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Well I'm mexican but I'm staying in philippines, a country with very tiny hispanic population unlike in US. But anyway people here are nice also but I love more the people here in MFP.