Have Grandkids at home for a week !!!! Help with suggestioni

Options
i have the grandkids at home with me for a week and it's so hard to keep tracking and staying on target:(
they will stay with me till next Wenesday, I took them in to give my daughter a break and so she can enjoy her 30th birthday she went home to Texas to meet her father's family ,we left to MN since she was a little baby .
So any suggestions what to do for dinners would be great, kids are in age 9 and 12 and they are big eaters :)

Replies

• SZewski
    SZewski Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have two girls 7 and 9. Last night I made them spaghetti with sauce and I made me a spaghetti squash with same sauce. Alot fewer calories for me, without much more work.
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    What about tacos (with ground turkey) for the kids, and taco salad for you (all the same toppings with no shell, on a plate of cut up lettuce! :)
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Build you own pizzas on whole wheat pitas.
    Only takes 15 minutes to cook in the oven
    Great because everyone can choose what they want!
    Try turkey pepperoni with tomato sauce, or chicken with bar-b-q sauce!
  • Nancyhusanu
    Options
    My kids (10,13,17) love homemade pizza, and since I make it at home I can control the calories. If I have enough calories I use frozen bread dough - weighed out. If I don't I use a tortilla shell as the crust! We all make our own so the portions are easy to control as well. My kids also love taco's - I put the seasoned meat on lettuce for a yummy low-cal taco salad.

Have fun with them!

OOPs guess I'm a slow typist!! :)
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    every single time my grandkids come over, I offer them chopped veggies (with ranch dressing of course) and they always scarf them up. Our bodies crave that stuff, most people just don't know it.
    a good dinner for kids that age is to get pizza 'fixin's' and let them make their own pizza (you bake it)
    grilled cheese
    tacos
    mine also like grilled or bbq chicken
    have fun! grandkids are our reward for putting up with our children LOL
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Home-made stirfry. Use chicken and frozen stir-fry veggies. My kids love it w/o any seasonings.
    If they are into 'ewww' foods, make some quinoa. My kids love it but they always say it looks like maggots.
    We'll also have indoor picnics with various fruits/veggies - good for light lunches.
  • zee1957
    zee1957 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh all of these are great suggestions!!
    thanks to all of you for taking your time and responding, thats why I like this site so much.
    again thanks!