Girl lost 40 pounds and now showing a Gain say what???

I find myself for the first time since I began my new lifestyle, Sept 1, with a weight gain?!

In looking back over the past weeks - during Christmas - I didn't log my food. New Years I started right back. I've felt sort of sluggish, not so good, tired, pretty much the way I use to feel all the time. Bowels are sluggish too.

Well looking at my food log, I've realized that I've been under 1200 calories most days recently. I had been skipping breakfast thru the holiday hooplah to conserve some calories but recently I've been eating all three meals - making smart choices and I am full but I've gained weight. I've wondered with the amount of food I am eating how on earth my body would think it needs to store it - but maybe it does...

My conclusion (and what I love your thoughts on)....

My body is storing what I am putting in it. So here's what I am doing starting today...

:flowerforyou: Trying real hard not to give up! I've worked too hard to give up now

:flowerforyou: Drinking 64-80 ounces of water daily

:flowerforyou: Exercise 4x per week (had pretty much stopped this during all of December and holidays but started back on the 1st--rotating between walking, 30 day shred and Wii Fit)

:flowerforyou: Eat 1300 calories minimum--adding in exercise calories (thanks Anna for reminding me)

Any words of wisdom will be appreciated!

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    I find myself for the first time since I began my new lifestyle, Sept 1, with a weight gain?!

In looking back over the past weeks - during Christmas - I didn't log my food. New Years I started right back. I've felt sort of sluggish, not so good, tired, pretty much the way I use to feel all the time. Bowels are sluggish too.

Well looking at my food log, I've realized that I've been under 1200 calories most days recently. I had been skipping breakfast thru the holiday hooplah to conserve some calories but recently I've been eating all three meals - making smart choices and I am full but I've gained weight. I've wondered with the amount of food I am eating how on earth my body would think it needs to store it - but maybe it does...

My conclusion (and what I love your thoughts on)....

My body is storing what I am putting in it. So here's what I am doing starting today...

:flowerforyou: Trying real hard not to give up! I've worked too hard to give up now

:flowerforyou: Drinking 64-80 ounces of water daily

:flowerforyou: Exercise 4x per week (had pretty much stopped this during all of December and holidays but started back on the 1st--rotating between walking, 30 day shred and Wii Fit)

:flowerforyou: Eat 1300 calories minimum--adding in exercise calories (thanks Anna for reminding me)

Any words of wisdom will be appreciated!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Sounds good, you may want to try to eat all your exercise calories. Your body will need them for fuel.
  • wow. 40lbs!!!! (that is my goal weight loss... i hit the 10lb mark today and was soooo excited.... but 40!!! that is great!) Definatly don't give up now, just think how great you have done.... and really a little gain over the holiday season isn't that bad.. i put on 2lbs and was okay with that (considering i usually would have put on 5 or more:wink: ) So... get back on track and i am sure your body will follow... i finally lost my 2lb gain plus one more... monday.... but until then, despite getting back on track... i did not see the scale move.... so stay strong. DON'T GIVE UP! you will see more results soon! :smile: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    It could also be that you've been consuming high sodium foods. I know most of my Christmas foods were :embarassed: If that's the case, you'll pack of water weight until it's flushed from your body. However, I do agree with upping your calories. 1200 is really too low for most people. :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Funny I hadn't even thought to check Sodium as I didn't have it showing on my log - and most days since Sept I was over on it...something to watch - thanks!