WONDERSLIM????

Options
Hello, I just received a brochure in the mail on the wonderslim weightloss program. Kind of like nutrisystem...was wondering if anyone tried it? any thoughts??? <3kat

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    With a name like that I'd already be highly suspicious tbh...
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Ive never heard of it
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I have found that sticking with MFP has been a very cheap non-gimicky way to become wonderfully slim.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    personally i think it's a waste to have complete meals shipped to you, with a little bit of planning you can plan out meals to make for the day/week that fit within your caloric goals
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    personally i think it's a waste to have complete meals shipped to you, with a little bit of planning you can plan out meals to make for the day/week that fit within your caloric goals

Also, I have friends who have (unsuccessfully) done nutrisystem. They said that the base price is just for the food that they send you, which doesn't include the fruits and veggies that you have to buy to really stick with the meal plan. So it's not really "complete" meals.
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I use some of wonderslim's products and have enjoyed them. I cook for one, so I order their pancake mix (high protein) and double choc cake mix (high protein) and single servings. I would not order their entire program. 1) I did Nutrisystem and I prefer to cook my own meals with fresh foods and 2) there are a lot of questionable ingredients in some of the shelf stable foods.

I don't expect wonderslim products to do anything "spectacular" for my weight loss. Just provides me with some single serving food options.

I get them from dietdirect.

Good Luck
  • lthompsn
    lthompsn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it, but honestly, additional products shouldn't be necessary with good self discipline. I've been at this for just over a year and have lost 84 pounds, with diet alone. Eating a healthy breakfast and nutritious snacks has been the key for me. Whenever I see a commercial where they've lost 50, 60 or more pounds using whatever product, it boosts my confidence cause I've done that and more without the aid or crutch of suppliments or pre packaged meals.
    Learning to eat properly, making adjustments when necessary, and being able to NOT beat yourself down when the scale doesn't cooperate with your goals has been the way to success for me.
    MFP has been a valuable tool for me, there has been great support, and the calorie tool keeps me accountable. If I am planning on dinner out, I plan my meals accordingly throughout the day and "budget" my calories accordingly, looking up the menu and nutrient facts before I go, helps me avoid the binge ... admittedly, alcohol has been my downfall, no bang for my buck so to speak.
    HungryGirl.com has some awesome tips and recipies...
  • DEEDLYNN
    Options
    I've never heard of it, but honestly, additional products shouldn't be necessary with good self discipline. I've been at this for just over a year and have lost 84 pounds, with diet alone. Eating a healthy breakfast and nutritious snacks has been the key for me. Whenever I see a commercial where they've lost 50, 60 or more pounds using whatever product, it boosts my confidence cause I've done that and more without the aid or crutch of suppliments or pre packaged meals.
    Learning to eat properly, making adjustments when necessary, and being able to NOT beat yourself down when the scale doesn't cooperate with your goals has been the way to success for me.
    MFP has been a valuable tool for me, there has been great support, and the calorie tool keeps me accountable. If I am planning on dinner out, I plan my meals accordingly throughout the day and "budget" my calories accordingly, looking up the menu and nutrient facts before I go, helps me avoid the binge ... admittedly, alcohol has been my downfall, no bang for my buck so to speak.
    HungryGirl.com has some awesome tips and recipies...

That's just it....right now...I don't have much self-discipline...but I am GROWING in this....and it is coming. Some pounds are coming off. Since I cook for one...I can't have things in the house in any kind of quantity...but with some of the products, I can have single serving sizes of cake or pancake mix etc. The vast majority of my diet comes from Eating Clean. Probably more than 90%. The other 10% comes from Hungry Girl recipes and supplemental "diet" food products. As I really grow in my Eating Clean plan, I imagine the things that I am using for crutches will go by the wayside too.

It is a wonderful feeling knowing that we are succeeding in this journey without WLS, etc. But for me...it is a process of growing and learning on this journey as well.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    toss it in the recycle bin and move on here with MFP...
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    HAHA! well thanks for the replies! I too am against a full program but i just wanted to try out their stuff because It seem really low in calories and high in protien! I love drinking shakes as a meal replacement, so i decided that i was going to order a 20 dollar sample package... Hope it tastes good...
  • DEEDLYNN
    Options
    I haven't tried anything but the pancake mix and the cake mix. Both I enjoy and helps me to be able to enjoy those things in moderation.

Not sure what comes in the sampler package...but GOOD LUCK.

For the most part, after my experiences with FULL programs...I agree with the other posters....but...if it can help me to not reach for a Little Debbie or Hostess HO HO, or keeps me outta IHOP. It serves a good purpose for me.

Hope you ENJOY!
  • lmz1100
    lmz1100 Posts: 10
    Options
    Looking for an update on this, anyone get the sampler?
  • hsb2001
    hsb2001 Posts: 1
    Options
    I purchased a fwe of their products and they are good. I plan on using them.
  • lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it
  • jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have found that sticking with MFP has been a very cheap non-gimicky way to become wonderfully slim.
    ^^ What she said.
  • bytemeeeeee
    bytemeeeeee Posts: 174
    Options
    Hello...

Those kind of programs are quite costly and most of the items contain aspartame which I don't particularly care for...

http://www.rense.com/general3/asper.htm

http://suewidemark.com/aspartam.htm
  • carriern2006
    carriern2006 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I definitely would not do the whole food program but I have tried their shakes and they are pretty great. I just ordered them again after having a baby and getting off track. The chocolate ones-there is mocha, chocolate cream, cocomint are all great. you can mix them with milk products or water and they are good either way-I prefer milk because its creamier. I have tried the bars as well and they are pretty good. I suggest the variety packs to see what you like and then go from there! Good luck!