Meal Replacement

Options
Today I am going to try my first ever meal replacement shake for lunch. I am an elementary teacher and often find myself completely exhausted in the afternoons (the same time that the students have tons of energy). The replacement shake I am going to try is packed with essential vitamins and has a large amount of protein in it as well. I will report how I feel this afternoon. Has anyone else had success using a meal replacement shake?

Replies

• NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'll occasionally have a protein shake or smoothie (milk, yogurt, fruit, protein powder) in place of a meal. It's nice when I'm in a hurry or not hungry (I find it easier to force down a shake or smoothie).
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have a meal shake for breakfast. I like it because I can make it & take it to drink during my commute. I pair mine with a piece of fruit. Good luck :)
  • Gennawest
    Options
    I usually eat mine for dinner. I know, I know. I am fired. And maybe you shouldnt take my advice. But it works well for me. And I also usually pair it with a salad, or broccoli.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I have one for breakfast since it's quick and easy to make and then I'm out the door! :)
  • rodeomc
    rodeomc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Listening in.

What all do you put in your shakes/smoothies?
  • GkMusic
    GkMusic Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! Tomorrow I will have to bring some fruit to add for my lunch. I had my shake for lunch and have energy galore right now. We'll see how long it lasts. Also, I usually feel hungry again within an hour of eating lunch, but I still feel full so that's a huge positive! The shake that I drank was chocolate (which is my favorite flavor...for anything), but I think tomorrow I will try putting a few ounces of coffee in it as well.:happy: