Losing inches

Options
I've been doing my healthy new lifestyle now for 8 days - 8 days of atleast 30 minutes of exercising, 1200 calories and lots of natural food choices. So, I thought the scale would go down - it hasn't. I have been trying to stay positive about it. Then today I decided to do my measurements - I lost inches! I was really surprised. My "tight-tight" jeans are only "tight" today - didn't have to suck in to put on but still have the "over hang" (sorry for the visual). I was pleasantly surprised. How can this be? How can you lose inches but not lose weight?? I don't get it. Anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• rialynn79
    Options
    I've been doing my healthy new lifestyle now for 8 days - 8 days of atleast 30 minutes of exercising, 1200 calories and lots of natural food choices. So, I thought the scale would go down - it hasn't. I have been trying to stay positive about it. Then today I decided to do my measurements - I lost inches! I was really surprised. My "tight-tight" jeans are only "tight" today - didn't have to suck in to put on but still have the "over hang" (sorry for the visual). I was pleasantly surprised. How can this be? How can you lose inches but not lose weight?? I don't get it. Anyone have any ideas?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    8 days is 8 days. Did you put on all that extra weight in 8 days? Certainly not. Give yourself time!!! Have patience. (This is the HARDEST part for me, I am SO impatient!!) This isn't a quickie diet to help your drop a dress size in a week. This is a lifestyle makeover to help you eat better, exercise more, and live better. And honey, if you are seeing a change in the way your pants fit, BE HAPPY!!! :bigsmile: Think of it this way -- if your weight never ever changed, but you were able to drop 4 pants sizes, would your weight really matter? Don't stress about those numbers on the scale, and give it more time! :flowerforyou: You will see the change on the scale soon enough, Im certain.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Don't bother on the number on your scales. Wait a little and watch the weight come off. Initially, I was also disappointed as I actually put on weight but now 2 months later, its a different picture.
  • rialynn79
    Options
    Good point - patience is important. I'm really working on being more positive... I guess I just don't understand how the scale doesn't move? You know what I'm saying? I am very happy about losing the inches I guess I just don't understand the science of it all. (If that makes sense.)

Thanks for the pep talk and motivation to stay positive. I appreciate so much! :)

- Maria
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    I have lost about 20 pounds in the last 10 months. It has been slow moving the number on the scale, but the difference regular exercise has made in my body is amazing. I guess it's true muscle really does weigh more than fat. Keep it up and ignore the scale your jeans tell you all you need to know!
  • StuartMuirhead
    Options
    In Rock climbing we wear a harness.... " we have a quote ever year when we return to the outdoors... " The harness never lies" Our body canflucuate with water and weight by 5 lbs daily.. But if your jeans are giving you good news you are rocking it!!! Great job!!!