ebay selling advice...please

SuperMoniMonk
SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
edited October 2 in Chit-Chat
I put my old laptop for sale on ebay last night and it sold to a price I'm pleased with..now I'm waiting to receive payment through paypal. I have heard of some cheats and scams out there so since this is the first time I sell something..what should I watch out for? Thank you

Replies

• Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    I do ebay all the time, no worries do make sure you do make sure you do no ship your item until you receive payment though. Only accept payment through paypal that way you are covered if they do try any thing underhanded. If they do not pay once again do not ship the item!! Also check their feedback on ebay and see what their buying history is like. If they do a check through paypal make sure it clears before you ship the item and when you do ship always do delivery confirmation to ensure and have proof they received the item so they cant try to say they didnt
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Agree with the above, I sell things all the time, have never had any problems, always use paypal, they are great to work with, and will help you if you ever have any issues. Make sure that payment is in your account before ever shipping!
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Put tracking on the package no matter how you send it even if the buyer chooses no tracking and doesn't pay for it. Deal the loss of the couple of bucks for this feature. If you ship an item and the buyer claims they never received it Paypal WILL side with the buyer every, single time UNLESS you have tracking. You receipt showing you mailed is NOT good enough for them. I learned this the hardway when a buyer claimed he never received the package. I had the receipt showing I mailed it. Paypal said not good enough and took the funds back from my account.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Yup, what dragon bait said. Choose the tracking option. :)
  • SuperMoniMonk
    SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
    Thanks ! I'm still waiting for payment to come through . I'll do confirmation and tracking ! thanks =D
  • Hi there
    Kind of off topic but....I live in NZ and run a weight loss group (used to work for Weight Watchers but then started my own business). I have a bodybugg and love it but a wanting to get a couple for my girls who are really struggling. Problem is no one will ship to NZ. Just wondering if anyone was prepared to buy them off the site and put a listing on ebay? I can pay via paypal?
    Thanks so much...
    Amy :)
This discussion has been closed.